Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC - The Walking Dead

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Also if you are a Cox cable subscriber you can go to Cox On Demand, Channel 1 on my TV, go to Free Zone, select local cable channels and then AMC to watch the show again.

If I remember correctly they run them a week behind so you won't be able to watch this past Sunday's episode until next 11/8/10.

Kind of suck as you either have to watch them all a week late or watch the latest episode on Sunday then on Monday go to Free Zone and watch the one you missed from the week before.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

When the sheriff shot the deputy in the forehead up close, I think that was a little unrealistic... all the blood mist is just a contaminate for you to inhale. Gotta shoot them from distance!

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I thought the same thing... But, RELAX, it's TV!!!

...just sit back and enjoy zombies being shot!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Just watched it and enjoyed it. Yeah, many unrealistic tid-bits, but that's entertainment for you, it's never going to be 100% realistic. I don't have TV, but I do have internet... For anyone else who doesn't have TV or cable or if you miss it, you can keep up with all the episodes here:

http://www.ch131.com/twdseason1.htm

With all the military vehicles around, if I was in his shoes, I would just hop into one and hope it has fuel. They don't require keys!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    With all the military vehicles around, if I was in his shoes, I would just hop into one and hope it has fuel. They don't require keys!
    The one he's in still had the operator that was taken down.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    The one he's in still had the operator that was taken down.
    I'm curious to see if he gets that bugger going in the next episode and does some squishin'...

I've read all the graphic novels.... Haven't seen the show yet (on DVR).

If you think shit's crazy now, wait till they meet the Governor.

Oh, and get attached to NOBODY. People get killed off at the damndest of times... realistic in that situation though.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medic_krebs View Post
    I've read all the graphic novels.... Haven't seen the show yet (on DVR).

If you think shit's crazy now, wait till they meet the Governor.

Oh, and get attached to NOBODY. People get killed off at the damndest of times... realistic in that situation though.
    Agree 100%. Watched it on dvr this morning and was very impressed. I was able to read the first 4 (of 5) volumes of the graphic novels. Def a roller coaster ride! May the tv series not let us down .
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

So far looks awesome, cant wait for the next episode!

Finally saw the pilot online.

AWESOME! Zombie Drama, much less ghey than Vampire Drama IMHO...

Two things I noticed... "goofs" if you will...

Before the gunfight with the drivers of "The Judge" GTO the Sheriff asked one of his Glock weilding deputies..
    "Make sure there is a round in the chamber and that the safety's off."

When he crawls into the M1 Abrams through the "bottom hatch"... well... trouble is that there is no escape hatch under an M1 Abrams... there was on the M-60... just not the M1.

BUT those are pretty small gripes that only a dipshit like me would even notice.

In short... I loved it.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

watched it and really liked it . though i would trade in the six shooter for something with a magazine that held way more then 6.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NATIONALIST View Post
    watched it and really liked it . though i would trade in the six shooter for something with a magazine that held way more then 6.
    In the books he carries a glock/hk/m&p, whatever, no revolver.....but does have a certain badassness to it in the show. My only beef so far is........destroying that beautiful GTO!!!! When will the killings stop???? Too many shows nowadays are taking beautiful classic musclecars and destroying them
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    In the books he carries a glock/hk/m&p, whatever, no revolver.....but does have a certain badassness to it in the show. My only beef so far is........destroying that beautiful GTO!!!! When will the killings stop???? Too
    many shows nowadays are taking beautiful classic musclecars and destroying them
    +1 i love classic cars especially pontiacs with real pontiac engines.

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post

Before the gunfight with the drivers of "The Judge" GTO the Sheriff asked one of his Glock weilding deputies..
    Heh, I noticed that one too. When he said it, I said to the TV, "It's a Glock...it doesn't have a safety you dumbass!"

So far I think it's okay. Except it's yet another Zombie show where no one's ever seen a Zombie movie before, as are most of them. Why in the hell is it that in most zombie fare, no one's ever heard of/seen/read a zombie movie/story? It's kind of like in From Dusk To Dawn when Clooney says, "I don't believe in fucking vampires, but I believe what I see, and what I see are fucking vampires." It seems that almost never happens in zombie movies, everyone's clueless...

I thought it was pretty dumb when he woke up in the hospital and went wandering down the road in his hospital jimmy...what, he didn't think to go back to his room and at least look for some pants? Then, when he got home (after seeing the dead trying to get out of the room at the hospital, and the legless one crawling through the park) he didn't go for a gun? He's a cop, he has nothing but a service revolver, no guns of his own at home???

There were plenty of others as well...
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 11-04-2010 at 02:31 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Quote Originally Posted by gewehr44 View Post
    Yeah, that was good but I was really hoping he would be a little more specific about rule #1 (keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction).

Its interesting how every movie has slightly different rules for their zombies depending on how they want it to effect the plot. These seem to be somewhat hybrid in that they're relatively slow but still have the dexterity to manipulate door knobs & climb some things.
    I thought they climbed that tank pretty damned easy! There was a Sherman tank in a park in my home town until I was about 10. It was a chore climbing that damned thing and an Abrams dwarfs them. True, I have short limbs, but these bastards are dead and shimmying up mountains of armor like rock climbers taking a practice wall. Strange rule there.

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post

When he crawls into the M1 Abrams through the "bottom hatch"... well... trouble is that there is no escape hatch under an M1 Abrams... there was on the M-60... just not the M1.

BUT those are pretty small gripes that only a dipshit like me would even notice.

In short... I loved it.
    That tank was an M-60 dressed up to look like an Abrams. I noticed that after looking at it for a couple of seconds.

The thing that annoys me the most about these zombie flicks is the fact that you've got no one running around with any kind of modern weapons. It's 2010, AR's and AK's are two of the most popular rifles being sold today and have been for at least 10 years, but everybody's still running around with old fashioned bolt guns, revolvers, and shotguns. The only thing modern you'll see any civilian carrying is a Glock pistol or a Beretta.

And on a side note, I almost cried when they rolled the 71 GTO Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I thought it was pretty dumb when he woke up in the hospital and went wandering down the road in his hospital jimmy...what, he didn't think to go back to his room and at least look for some pants? Then, when he got home (after seeing the dead trying to get out of the room at the hospital, and the legless one crawling through the park) he didn't go for a gun? He's a cop, he has nothing but a service revolver, no guns of his own at home???
    The wife took the guns? He was in a coma for a little, they don't keep clothes there.
    His main concern was that his family was ok. Even for a tv show, this is as real of a zombie flick we will see.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

The Walking Dead Episode 2, "Guts," airs Sun., Nov. 7 at 10/9c on AMC

Looking forward to the next episode tonight, and I didn't realize the premiere had such high ratings.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/
    Last weekend, 11.6 million people tuned in for the first episode of The Walking Dead -- the highest-ever series premiere for AMC, the biggest cable series debut in 2010 and the largest basic-cable premiere for the 18-49 demographic since 2003. In addition, the show was one of the top three telecasts for the week. Don't miss what Vanity Fair is calling "the best new television show of the year," and what the Los Angeles Times is hailing as "the first zombie epic... to rival Gone With the Wind."

This Sunday night at 10/9c, The Walking Dead returns with Episode 2, "Guts," in which small-town Sheriff Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) unknowingly causes a group of survivors to be trapped by walkers. The group dynamic devolves from accusations to violence, as Rick must confront an enemy far more dangerous than the undead. (Click here to watch Episode 1 online if you missed it.)

The Walking Dead Episode 2, "Guts," airs Sun., Nov. 7 at 10/9c on AMC. Be sure to see what everyone is talking about. But whatever you do, don't watch it alone...

Now I know why they named the second episode Guts. That was some nasty shit.

Great episode, though.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast