Thread: Streamlight TLR-1 Strobe 69210

swampdragon

Thumbs up Streamlight TLR-1 Strobe 69210

Well, I just broke down and ordered a new Tactical Light for my rifle.
    This new one is an LED.
    It has more Lumens (160 peak) and a longer run-time than my older "bulb" version light.
    It should be tougher too.

I've had great luck with Streamlight.
    At half the price of Surefire, they are the very best bang for the buck I think.

Intensely bright, virtually indestructible tactical light. Includes user programable strobe enable/disable.- Powered by two 3-volt CR123A lithium batteries with 10-year storage life- C4 LED with blinding beam (TLR-1s 160 lumens) with optimum peripheral illumination – will not break or burn out!- Strobe model with user programmable strobe enable/disable- Up to 2.5 hr. Run Time- Rail grip clamp system securely attaches/detaches quickly and safely with no tools and without putting your hands in front of muzzle- Machined aluminum sealed construction with black anodized finish- Waterproof to one meter for one hour, dustproof- Ambidextrous momentary/steady on-off switch, Double tap of momentary paddle within 0.4 seconds activates strobe. (TLR-1s only)- Fast, adjustable, secure side mounting. Includes Rail Locating Keys for Glock style, 1913 Picatinny, S&W 99/TSW, and Beretta 90two- IPX7 rated design; waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes- Weight: 4.18 oz.

Cheapest price I could find is $93.50 here:
    http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Streaml..._p_13759.html#

Also ordered the remote switch:

Battery door/switch assembly with integrated remote connector- It easily replaces the standard battery door/switch on existing TLR Series lights-Retains momentary/lock on function of original paddle switch- All remotes feature rotating quick disconnect plug with O-ring seal- Shotgun coil remote switch allows for expansion of cord with pump action- Long gun remote switch attaches to rail forend with included clips- Remote tape switch fits most right-angle grips and other aftermarket accessories- All remotes include mounting accessories

Also ordered the remote tape switch that mounts to picatinny rails.
    Already had one, but decided to go all new anyways.
    This will give me two complete setups.

Tethered rubber weather cap keeps connector dry when remote is not in useAll remotes feature rotating quick disconnect plug with O-ring seal- Shotgun coil remote switch allows for expansion of cord with pump action- Long gun remote switch attaches to rail forend with included clipsRemote tape switch fits most right-angle grips and other aftermarket accessories. All remotes include mounting accessories

Grand total (INCLUDING shipping): $156.42

Beats the hell out of Surefire and is still high quality LEO/Military grade equipment.
    Streamlight is great.
    Last edited by swampdragon; 11-10-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Yes, they are nice, in some ways. I had to rattle can mine flat black to get rid of all that bling, and I already talked about bumping the switch, but they are good lights for the money. I have the early LED 105 lumen version. It is a better spot light than the G2L, and has better throw. Nothing can touch it for light weight and compactness.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Gaybe thinks it's un-needed!!!!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yes, they are nice, in some ways. I had to rattle can mine flat black to get rid of all that bling, and I already talked about bumping the switch, but they are good lights for the money. I have the early LED 105 lumen version. It is a better spot light than the G2L, and has better throw. Nothing can touch it for light weight and compactness.
    I thought we already solved your switch bumping problem with the inexpensive rubber rail stops?
    They work really well.

Surefire has the same/similar paddle switch with the same potential bumping problem too.
    The surefire is rated for deeper water for a longer amount of time.
    That's about the only difference.
    And since I'm not a Navy SEAL, I just couldn't see spending that much more on a light.

If I had a swimming pool and a mask and snorkel...and a Surefire....
    I could see potential problems one day when I had a few too many beers or something.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    Gaybe thinks it's un-needed!!!!
    LOL.........

Gabe thinks that basking in the glow of his own arrogance is enough to light up an entire room and identify friend from foe.
    I think I'd rather have a light.