Thread: 'Overcharged': Major Study Reveals Alarming True Cost of Owning an EV, 'Fueling' Equal to $17.33 Per Gallon

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post 'Overcharged': Major Study Reveals Alarming True Cost of Owning an EV, 'Fueling' Equal to $17.33 Per Gallon

After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

The trap is almost complete; the fools are lined up, the corn has been piled up, three walls are built and when enough hogs,er people, have bought in to the lie the last wall will go up and then we'll REALLY find out how much EVs cost to operate.

...but i can't convince my youngest son of this, he's trading his Z06 vette for a tesla plaid cause 0-60mph in 1.9 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    The trap is almost complete; the fools are lined up, the corn has been piled up, three walls are built and when enough hogs,er people, have bought in to the lie the last wall will go up and then we'll REALLY find out how much EVs cost to operate.

...but i can't convince my youngest son of this, he's trading his Z06 vette for a tesla plaid cause 0-60mph in 1.9 seconds!
    And you'll hear of the remorse the first time he has to search for miles to find a charging station, then wait for 40 minutes until it's finally charged...or when they do a software update and brick the damn thing.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

I get the feeling this is exactly what they want for the future; only the wealthy will have the "right" to travel in non-public transportation.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I'm waiting for the day when the feds in their lust for power pull a ban like prohibition of alcohol, a prohibition on gasoline. Bootleg gasoline will rule the day. They think the murder rate is high now, wait until they ban gasoline!