Thread: Married 37 years today

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Married 37 years today

Can't say I haven't flirted or lusted after hot women or women in general, but faithful except for my hand! Any of you guys had good long marriages? My woman puts up more with me than her. Taken care of me best I could've ever hoped for.

Not me
    Congratulations sir
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Married for 51 years. Wife died this past August.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    So sorry my friend, to see your best friend go. How are you holding up? You must of gotten married real young or you are the old geezer of this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    So sorry my friend
    Gotta second that.
    man you never know what someone might be going through
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    So sorry my friend, to see your best friend go. How are you holding up? You must of gotten married real young or you are the old geezer of this forum!
    Got married the week after we graduated from college. It's been a very interesting journey, but we did it together.

She was diabetic and had heart problems with 4 blocked arteries. We both knew her time was short, but when it comes, it's still a shock. At least, she went in her sleep.

I'm doing fine. Single life takes a little getting used to, but I'm doing fine.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Last edited by alismith; 11-04-2023 at 12:18 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Sorry for your loss.
    Married 35 years. Don’t believe in cheating, if you want to do that have the balls to tell her.

Huge congrats to you 1Pat, and your wife, though I'm reminded of the old Stooges line: "Census taker, are you married or happy?"

My sincerest condolences to you ali.

CC and I have been together for 28 years this last September, though only married for eight. I can't even imagine what losing her would be like, but like your wife ali, she has some serious health issues that mean I'll likely outlive her, even though I've been a smoker for 50 years now. Her many maladies remind me of something my maternal grandfather always used to say, "I've got five different diseases, and besides that I don't feel so good."
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

1 Pat - congrats to both of you!
    Ali - Sorry to hear of your loss.

I was only married for 7 years although we were together for over 9. We had an amicable divorce, even writing our own agreement. She remarried a few years later but died in '06 in her mid-50s. She was a "large" woman and we found out after our divorce that she was an undiagnosed manic-depressive (bipolar). Her mother, also a large woman, died about the same age as she wasn't able to keep her "diet controlled" diabetes under control.
    From '91 to '06, I was in a LTR but she was unwilling to put forth the effort to help maintain our house and I asked her to leave. She was about 3 years older than I am and passed away in '18.
    Now, the only "woman" in my life is my elderly mother, but she's in a nursing home and is about to turn 95. Brother and S-i-L are doubtful that she will make it to the end of the year.

Life's a bitch, ain't it?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”