Thread: Divorced guys, what drove you to the edge or vice versa?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Divorced guys, what drove you to the edge or vice versa?

Been married 35+ years and never touched another woman but geez there are times I just want to call it quits, then my brain reengages and realizes everything we built together would be torn asunder. What caused you to call it quits or what did she do to called it quits or a combination? I had a next door neighbor that learned to drive a truck and ended up banging a motel girl on his regular run, when his wife a good friend of mine and the mrs. called it quits immediately, she had respect for herself. Sadly she died too young probably from the asshole always playing games with their kids against her. Anyway If you don't mind spitting it out or use a third person (not you wink wink) story it would be interesting to me why 50 percent or whatever the stat is now quit trying. Thanks gents.

First wife, kicked her to the curb when I found out she cheated on me...threw her out on her ear, told her to go back to her lover.

Second wife, turned out to be a major bitch...knew it early on, but she was preggers and I'd always vowed to be there for my children. Suffered through eight years of near daily fights, arguments, bullshit and lies. She spent money we didn't have, overdrawing the checkbook, putting us further into debt, used sex as a weapon, but each time I told her it wasn't working and we should split, she'd flounce around the house in camisoles and frillies, doing her best to drag me into bed. Finally, I realized things would never get better, no matter how hard I tried, and the constant fighting, arguing and yelling was doing no good for our two kids. I made arrangements and moved out.

Six years later I inherited some money when my mom died, and I was able to wangle my kids out of her (they were mostly with baby-sitters when not in school or not with me, while she partied away). I then raised them to adulthood.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!