Thread: DVD Oppenheimer

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

DVD Oppenheimer

Bought it and watched it today. Highly recommend. Very good movie. He got treated shabbily from the gov't mostly when he disagreed with Teller building the hydrogen bomb.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

True, but I read, that he was a Member of the Communist Party. Don't know if it is true or not. We are lucky Germany, Russia, and China did not get to him first. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    True, but I read, that he was a Member of the Communist Party. Don't know if it is true or not. We are lucky Germany, Russia, and China did not get to him first. Paul
    That's the thing, there was no proof that he was a member. He served his country honorably.

Okay, was listening to a recent episode of Coast to Coast regarding this movie...yeah, I know...

The guy Noory had on was ostensibly an expert on this period of the US research/development of the bomb. Per what he was saying, the friction between Oppenheimer and Teller...Teller didn't give a shit about a pop rock like the atom bomb...he wanted to go all out for the big one...the hydrogen bomb. Oppenheimer felt that was a bridge too far...didn't want anyone to have the ability to so readily destroy the planet.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Okay, was listening to a recent episode of Coast to Coast regarding this movie...yeah, I know...

The guy Noory had on was ostensibly an expert on this period of the US research/development of the bomb. Per what he was saying, the friction between Oppenheimer and Teller...Teller didn't give a shit about a pop rock like the atom bomb...he wanted to go all out for the big one...the hydrogen bomb. Oppenheimer felt that was a bridge too far...didn't want anyone to have the ability to so readily destroy the planet.
    Exactly what got out of the whole Oppenheimer story. Multiple books along the the movie. Yes some of his acquaintances and ex loves were commies and he may have shielded one or two of them from reports, Groves never would have put him at the head of the operation if he had doubts Oppy would give anyone anything. The facts afterwards show there were spies like the gleenglass's and Rosensteins as well as a scumbag in Britain can't remember his name who were some of the pipeline to Stalin.

Sadly now we have to worry more about the CRAP party politicians who are the ones handing over info for cash everyday while the FBI and NSA look the other way.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 03-11-2024 at 01:02 PM.