Thread: Danish Camo?

Danish Camo?

Anyone buy any of the Danish Camo from SG yet? Thinking about ordering the jacket and pants combo to try.

Ok,I have a Danish Jacket incoming. I waited to long on the XL Pants and they was bought out. However they still had the jackets in XL and 2 X.

There don't seem to be any posted information anywhere on these. Very little seems to be on the web about them except the limited information from the add on SG. This is a picture of the jacket I ordered. Very interested camo pattern that looks well made. I'm not sure what pattern this is,but I like it. I will post review and pictures when I get them for anyone interested.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Reminds me of the German Flecktarn without the reddish brown color.

Got the jacket in and had a chance to try it out.

Pro's:
    Very well made. No plastic cheapo zippers and cheap theads. This thing is built like a tank. Very rugged and well made. Lots of pockets as well.... Has two large pockets on the lower front like the M65,two large chest zip pockets slanted,and a very nice sized slant pocket on the left arm that a cell phone,extra mag or similar sized stuff would fit it. Also has several inside pockets around the waist area.

This is a parka but fits like the old M65 jacket. Very comfortable. Loose,feels good,fits normal sized people well. I got a XL and it fit true to size. Mine has the size 8 stamp and is the XL.

Does not come with a liner,but is fairly warm without one. I tried it on a 40 degree day with a t shirt under it,and I stayed warm.

I plan on wearing a fleece under it on really cold days. Also tried it on a warmer day going in and out of the heated building,and it seemed to breath well. Made from 65% poly,35% Bomuld? . Not gore-tex,but I think it would shed water fairly well,next test

Condition was brand new in package. New,unissued which was cool for surplus,I was surprised. Mine was dated "HMAK 2004".

It also had the military flag on the left shoulder,which gives it a cool modern "Indiana Jones" rugged man of the world look,LOL.

Heavy duty zipper with heavy duty button back-up for the front as well.

Con's.

Only one thing I didn't like about it. The zipper was on the wrong side. I'm getting used to it,but I wish it was on the propper American side,LOL.

I would recomend getting one while they last. They come in in very small amounts from what I understand. So if you want one,don't wait around. I got this from the SG and was very pleased.

Far as I know,the only two places that have them are:

http://www.majorsurplus.com/Danish-C...5718C2318.aspx
    and
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=743158
    Last edited by SnakeDoc; 12-29-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Hah, the zipper thing. I have a German Flectarn hooded jacket and it has the zipper on the left hand as well.