Thread: MAADI S/M

MAADI S/M

Just wondering what a MISR S/M is ??? Besides the obvious that it is an Egyption AK. It has the CAI markings. I have not read much on the S/M marking only the other variants. It is worth 400 or so for a good condition version. Every thing lines up well the only thing I don't like is that the barrel has been turned down. Oh also it has a solid stock with a trap door. Thanks

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Personally I have never heard of the MISR S/M variant. I do know of a MISR S/A.

Those were Century imports that were very much like the SAR series that they imported. The fact that you seemed to have inspected it and found that everything lined up is a good thing. The solid stock as opposed to the standard Maadi laminated indicates to me that it was replaced by Century and is most likely a US part for compliance to the stupid parts count law. I have a MISR S/A with a solid wood stock and it just doesn't seem to work on a Maadi. (looks thing)

The only problem I had with my MISR S/A was severe trigger slap. They used the same junk fire control group that they did in the SAR series that was notorious for finger sting. The easy fix was to dremel the underside of the disconnector so that it no longer contacted the trigger area between the arms that hold the hammer spring.

In this day and age, $400 is reasonable for a MISR S/A. As I said, I never heard of an S/M version, but as long as it accepts standard AK mags and not the clinton special single stack, it sounds like a good buy.

Oh, as for the turned down muzzle, it can be threaded to the US 1/2x28. There are 1/2x28 threaded slant brakes that are available.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply..... The only thing I have not checked is if all the numbers match. The pistol grip is US made. By the solid stock I meant that is was not a folder style. The wood is laminated. The only other S/M I have seen was on Gunbroker. I just might have to go pick this thing up.....

$400 easy.

IIRC the M's were primarily made for Egypts Police, IE: no full auto, some were exported.

The A's were Primarily for Export to the US.

I'll have to dig up my books.

Not a bad deal regardless for a Stamped AK made on Russian machinery.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Not a bad deal regardless for a Stamped AK made on Russian machinery.
    By Russian trained Egyptians.

Also it is possible that the bbl is threaded , some s/a's have a silly cap thing spot welded over the threads as mine did.