Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New AR stock that facilitates aimed bump-firing

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Sooo... doesnt the Knoxx shotgun system work the exact same way? And dont they have a handy dandy PATENT?
    Na- Knox uses springs. This thing just slides- the shooter has to provide the forward tension.

I too think the BATFE will come up with a reason to ban these though- it's the Akins Accelerator all over again regardless of the technical details.
    Last edited by matshock; 12-11-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Mr. Akins - thank you for switching to bold blue for your rantings.

Perhaps you read the board rules? http://www.gunsnet.net/announcement.php?f=16

If not, please do - especially the part about using bold red. Please go back and edit your previous posts and switch the font color to blue or green or something other than red. I am not a mod in this forum = this is just a request for you to come into compliance.

And I do suggest that you invest some of your energies in therapy or some kind of stress-relief.

Good Lord man, you must be close to having a stroke by now.

Poor, tormented soul.

And congratulations Bill on alienating almost an entire gun discussion board - and even inspiring new members to join just so they can call you names.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 12-11-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Thanks.
    I knew there had to be something in there that protected our upcoming inventors from sue happy douche bags.
    Bill ain't the only one to work with patent attorneys, or to have one on speed dial.

But all that bullshit aside, here's what it boils down to: A patent is filed and issued for a new and unique idea. Obviously, modifying bump stocks wasn't "new", and arguably has been in practice for a long time. At the very least we have hard solid evidence that a system mechanically similar to his (using springs, his definition) was documented and in the public domain 4 months before he even filed his patent.

Now, here we have two interesting details that come up. 1) Bill Atkins was a registered member of Gunsnet at that time and 2) He was arguably aware of that post, and could arguably have been aware of the design and then attempted to patent someone else's work. But for now, let's just stick to the facts at hand as they concern us:

there was a design using springs (which he claims as part of his patent, in this thread) documented and illustrated in the public domain before he filed for his patent.

Now, remember that part of the code I quoted above? Yeah, it's cause for instant revocation of a patent. That's probably what has Bill's panties in such a wad.

Part 103 of 35 USC is just the icing on the cake:

35 U.S.C. 103 Conditions for patentability; non-obvious subject matter.

(a) A patent may not be obtained though the invention is not identically disclosed or described as set forth in section 102 of this title, if the differences between the subject matter sought to be patented and the prior art are such that the subject matter as a whole would have been obvious at the time the invention was made to a person having ordinary skill in the art to which said subject matter pertains. Patentability shall not be negatived by the manner in which the invention was made.
    Essentially, if the technique were so blindly obvious to anyone familiar with the item at hand that they already knew of it, or close enough to it, a patent may not be issued.

I'd dare say that if the archives of MrRiddick's work were to make their way into the hands of this company that he's currently trying to shake down he might all of a sudden lose his ride on that gravy train.

Heck, it might just be cause for him to lose his patent altogether. It's no wonder he's acting like a total ass and threatening everyone.

Too bad, in the past he'd had a lot of support from many on here, myself included. Oh well, such is the price of unbridled douchebaggery.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Lysander, have you made a screen shot of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Regardless of the law, stopping people from making something so simple in their own home is going to lead people to hate you. Think about it from an outside perspective.

If it turns out that patent laws can stop people from making their own, then something needs to be done with those laws. There is no excuse for you trying to tell people that they cannot make something in their garage for their own needs.

I can't imagine that you receiving a patent is equivalent to made at home spring loaded AR stocks being banned.

Try thinking about things from a patent holder's perspective.
    Made at home or otherwise SPRING LOADED AR stocks have been banned by the BATFE's 2006-02 ruling. The same ruling that banned my spring loaded accelerator stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I don't think there is one person here who isn't on his side against the unconstitutional ATF, the definition of a Machinegun is clear; A machinegun fires more than one bullet when you pull the trigger without resetting. It's clear the ATF screwed over this guy, it's unreal they can get away with this, unreal legislators can't rein these thugs in, unreal the 2nd amendment doesn't apparently mean what it says.
    Coming to a gun board and threatening home tinkerers with lawsuits hardly gets you sympathy though. He'd be better off asking for donations to a fund to sue in court against the outrageous actions of the ATF. I can bet you a bunch of us would contribute.
    And where the hell is the NRA in this and other matters like suing over the hughes amendment as it obviously makes the NFA null and void under the taxing authority it supposedly passed muster under!
    I never threatened any of the infringers at this site with a law suit. Garage infringers aren't worth going after. But they are worth keeping a recored of and exposing. You asked about where was the NRA in my accelerator case? Hiding. I called the NRA ILA three times explaining the entire sordid story to them. They promised to get back with me but never did. When a news reporter doing an article in the paper about my case contacted the NRA, they actually said they didn't know about it. Uh huh. Here's the thing. The NRA will not get involved with anything that goes rat-a-tat-tat, whether a machine gun or not. They will only involve themselves when it is politically correct in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Sooo... doesnt the Knoxx shotgun system work the exact same way? And dont they have a handy dandy PATENT?
    Yes but it isn't made for a semi automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by matshock View Post
    Na- Knox uses springs. This thing just slides- the shooter has to provide the forward tension.

I too think the BATFE will come up with a reason to ban these though- it's the Akins Accelerator all over again regardless of the technical details.
    I share your concerns. They just might. But let's hope not and they would have a pretty hard time justifying how it is illegal when bumpfiring is not illegal. They were ridiculous banning my accelerator springs. The excellent Slide Fire stock does not use springs. I think it would be very hard for them to justify banning it. But then again we are talking about the ATF who does whatever it wants and the courts usually rubber stamp it.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Mr. Akins - thank you for switching to bold blue for your rantings.

Perhaps you read the board rules? http://www.gunsnet.net/announcement.php?f=16

If not, please do - especially the part about using bold red. Please go back and edit your previous posts and switch the font color to blue or green or something other than red. I am not a mod in this forum = this is just a request for you to come into compliance.

And I do suggest that you invest some of your energies in therapy or some kind of stress-relief.

Good Lord man, you must be close to having a stroke by now.

Poor, tormented soul.

And congratulations Bill on alienating almost an entire gun discussion board - and even inspiring new members to join just so they can call you names.
    Congratulations for taking the side of Garage patent infringers who have been infringing since 2005 instead of rationally understanding the patent holders rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Akins View Post
    I share your concerns. They just might. But let's hope not and they would have a pretty hard time justifying how it is illegal when bumpfiring is not illegal. They were ridiculous banning my accelerator springs. The excellent Slide Fire stock does not use springs. I think it would be very hard for them to justify banning it. But then again we are talking about the ATF who does whatever it wants and the courts usually rubber stamp it.
    If your accelerator were legal then there is no more reason for traditional select-fire weapons so be regulated and banned. After all if a 10/22 can be spring loaded why not any LMG?

The only reason they haven't gone after people for un-assisted bump firing is that it's nearly useless in the real world.

It's all about relevancy- in a world with easy bump firing from the shoulder the F in BATFE isn't relevant.

I see it like this. If i made somethin like this in my garage with no intent of marketing, only personal experimentation, i see no reason why one would get so pissy and thump their chests crying "I got a patent for this so you cant even THINK abot this idea!!"

Hell man, theyre not making any money off it so i dont see the point. They coulda patented it long before u did but maybe didnt have the money or desire to.

Lysander, have you made a screen shot of this thread?
    Oh, I have two archives, actually.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Bill, you still haven't changed your posts - use the little "edit" button on the bottom of the replies...

WOW.... I have read every word in this thread.

WOW....

Bill, was that you calling me last night? Someone from Florida was calling me three times. I picked up my cell phone and noticed three forwarded calls cause I was in the middle of HOG HUNTING late last night and had the phone on silent.

Let me say this Bill, first I am very sorry about the Adkin's BS. Did you ever do anything for all of those who did pony up the money and bought the whole kit and then had to turn in the spring? Then having a kit that did nothing in the end???? Just curious for those of us who have the kit but cannot do squat with it.

Also I see you are either trying to teach or making a point with my members but understand many of these member have been tinkering just as long or longer when it comes to weapons. Cause we go back to 1995, Bill. I know a few members who have invented stuff and folks came here and stole there idea over the years. But the members you are having a problem with are not out to make a profit Bill. They are only in it for themselves. You are arguing (regardless of who is right or wrong) with really good people here Bill and sadly many here you are arguing with are your very own staunch supporters.

I have read and see your point but know the way you are coming across may be your biggest mishap. I too have given you money for things you have invented. Let's not go down that road of no return Bill. We have great minds here Bill. I know you know of Donnie aka Lynx310 as he is a huge supporter of yours and like you has a AWESOME mind in coming up with ideas for weapons.

This online community Bill has always supported you over the years. Many here have brought your inventions and many here do support you. You have made it clear many times over in this thread. I don't think you really need to make our members feel unwanted Bill. There is or was a tone to your posts that was a little eerie to say the least. I am trying to do some damage control here for all parties.

I hope in the end you are not going to just take off and not come back until your next invention. Cause I would invite you to stick around and actually get to know our members who have admired your work for years.

David / Guns Network Staff
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If there was no BATFE, I'd imagine we'd all be friends here in this thread rather than shittin all over each other.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    If there was no BATFE, I'd imagine we'd all be friends here in this thread rather than shittin all over each other.
    Maybe, maybe not. All success or failure ever really does is reveal the true character of the man underneath.

Brutus was a prophet.

Bill, you still haven't changed your posts - use the little "edit" button on the bottom of the replies...
    I took care of it.
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    It all started with the multiple quasi-legalistic BS threads... and the "shitting" is pretty much between Bill and everybody else. Nobody likes to be threatened - especially over pretend offense.

And I totally agree with David's assessment.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Somebody put on wet panties, then walked out into 100 degree heat, because they must be pinching. Quite literally, not a single person here has violated a patent, because they haven't attempted to market said product. So, what we have here is 90+ posts of people becoming angry with someone that probably had a product that most of us would buy.

But now? Word of mouth is a dangerous thing in the gun community!!!!!! SCREEN SHOT THIS: Many members here, are member of other boards as well. When and if Mr Bill markets another product, do you think this thread of volatile and accusatory diatribe is going to be forgotten? I thinketh not...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

WOW very interesting thread, never heard of any of this stuff before... two things... If Bill Adkins WTF KINSever is working with Slide then I'll pass on both!!! AND Nobody gives a damn about a worthless patent that protects an illegal idea!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast