Quote Originally Posted by Bill Akins View Post
I said I was not here to argue with people who do not understand the claims protected in my patent. But you force me to correct you MrRiddick.

You do not seem to understand that it is irrelevant to the issue date of my patent of when I first announced or begin to sell my first model accelerator stocks. All that is relevant is when my patent was issued and in force from Aug 15, 2000.
Understand that my patent #6101918 became valid on Aug 15, 2000.
If you were unaware of my patent being legally in force since Aug 15, 2000, fully five years before you posted your infringing stock here, then your ignorance of the law is no excuse for infringement. Do you understand now?

Your homemade converted Tapco stock infringement of my patented claims stock, that you posted at the old GunsNetwork site, you made five years after my patent was issued. Clearly an infringement of my patent claims and I will explain why a little further on.
You or your lawyer must be smoking some good stuff. Sure you can patent your Ruger 10/22 modification, but you cannot patent a generic idea.

If you think you own the rights to anyone who bumpfires or anyone who adds a spring to their rifle, then all I can do is slowly shake my head and try not to laugh.

Actually, MANY years ago... MANY years ago... long before I ever even owned guns, I had the idea "hey I wonder if the rifle recoils backwards will it come back forward and fire itself again?"

I thought of the basic concept of bump firing long before I owned guns, long before Gunsnet was on the web, long before there WAS a world wide web and certainly long before you patented (or thought) of anything.

"Bump firing", I am quite sure, is a term that WE throw around here. I've never seen the term in a magazine or book. I've only read it here.

In fact, the first time I heard the term, I though "oh yeah that's the thing I thought of years ago".

Not the refined, machined parts that YOU made, but the generic idea of recoil operated rapid fire.

Surely you know how an M2 and M1919 machine gun work? The action reciprocates with a "booster spring". You gonna sue John Browning too?

I'll post a picture of my AR-15 spring stock. I'll send you a video of me using it. Hell I'll mail you one for your own. Come sue me.

Good grief.