Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New AR stock that facilitates aimed bump-firing

Quote Originally Posted by notsofunny View Post
    Boo hoo... with your words like "ad-hominem". Hominem... isn't that some kind of corn?

You can infringe all up and down my cock for all I care.

Like I said before, you bring us a better looking version of what Slide Fire is offering, with a reasonable price tag, and I guarantee that you will have my business.
    That not surprising. Yes of course, you're right, ad-homimem attacks are a type of corn. Your "cock infringement" statement doesn't make any sense other than to devolve into gutter talk for no reason. The bumpfire stock that Slide Fire is using is entirely adequate and functional for its purpose. It is exactly like the AK stock described as just one example of my patented bumpfiring claims and drawn in my patent. Both the AK and the AR being two piece stocks, make it necessary for only the rear buttstock to remain stationary while the front handguard of the stock and the barreled receiver moves back with the offhand during recoil. But it is such a short distance that you hardly notice it. I don't think you can get a simpler and better looking stock than the Slide Fire AR stock without appreciably raising consumer costs and creating and buying new expensive molds. What is hilarious is that when we were selling our accelerator stocks for around $1000.00, people were complaining about the price who had no idea what costs we had invested to bring those stocks to market. Sooo many people said that if the accelerator stocks were just $300.00 or $400.00 that they would happily buy one. What is interesting and hilarious is that now that there IS a Slide Fire Solutions bumpfire stock that is in that exact price range they wanted, all people can do is complain about the very same $300.00 price that they said they would have been happy to pay for the accelerator stocks. I really chuckle over that. Have you ever bought $70,000 injection molds? Do you have any idea of the costs of injection molds? Few people do unless they are mold makers or buyers. Slide Fire Solutions has expensive molds to pay off. I know about that. I've bought $70,000 molds for my accelerator stocks. I think Slide Fire Solution's stocks look very nice. I could not, and would not want to try improving upon their design when it already works very well and I think it looks just fine. Id much rather spend my time working with and having a business relationship with Slide Fire Solutions in a patent licensing agreement than trying to incur unnecessary costs for me to bring you a different design when their design works and looks just fine to me for an AR or even Ak two piece stock incarnation of a bump fire stock. In the future I will be bringing my retro-fitted accelerator "II" isometric tension lever 10/22 stocks out. I already have 3 working isometric retro-fitted 10/22 stocks built. But it will take some time to retro-fit my entire large inventory of springless accelerator stocks to turn them into isometric tension accelerator "II" stocks. Plus I am working on completing other prototypes for 10/22 dress up kits that resemble a Browning 1919 and 1917. Then I want to work on my belt fed magazine design. A man only has so much time to accomplish so much. There is much I'd like to do and trying to improve upon the Slide Fire Solutions stock when it is perfect in form and function, is just not something that is necessary. I wish them the very very best and I am quite happy to work with Slide Fire Solutions in a patent licensing business relationship and I think their stock is great just like it is. It looks good. It goes rat-a-tat-tat, and isn't classified as a machine gun by the BATFE. What more could you possibly want for $319.00 that does not cost you many thousands of dollars for a full auto and also no $200.00 transfer tax. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    So now you want it to be illegal for anyone to do that themselves at home?

If so, I find that unreasonable regardless of patent laws.
    You wouldn't find it unreasonable if it were YOU who paid $10,000 for your patented intellectual property while you watch small timer garage infringers proudly copying and showing online what you invented, patented and paid dearly to have the patent rights to. I have a feeling your thinking might be much different in that instance. Then you might not think it such a horrible alien concept that perhaps instead of infringing, they should just buy one from the guy who invented and paid dearly to patent it and bring it to market at a consumer cost that was ten or more times less expensive than full auto. Does that not seem to make sense and be fair to you? Or would you think it more fair and reasonable that your patent should be infringed by everyone just because they didn't want buy something from you that you sweated blood to bring to market? Which would be more fair to you if it were YOUR patent? Changes your whole perspective doesn't it?

[QUOTE=Krupski;73258]Bill, THOUSANDS of people... maybe hundreds of thousands.... bump fire. They either use steel springs, or they use denim springs (thumb hooked in a belt loop) or even body fat (belly bumping).

You are deluding yourself if you think anyone who uses recoil to re-fire their rifles is a "patent infringer".

Have you even bothered to read my posts here? Over and over again I have stated that I did not patent all methods of bumpfiring. You can bumpfire an M1 Garand with its factory stock. I didn't patent that. How many times must I post that I patented a barreled receiver and trigger group that reciprocates within at least a STATIONARY rear buttstock. That is in essence along with a few other embodiments what I patented. A reciprocating action within a stationary stock with finger stop supports. That it. That's basically what I patented. Is it so hard for you to understand that and that I did not and could not patent normal, factory stock and action all moving together, bumpfiring? For the upteenth time! I never claimed to patent all methods of bumpfiring. Just my patent claims method. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH? Have you even bothered to read what I've written over and over to this same ridiculous question, assumption and incorrect accusation that yourself and others claim that I somehow think I patented and own all bumpfiring methods? Jeeez. for gosh sake, read my patent claims before you say such things. I feel like a grammer school teacher constantly trying to get the kids to understand but they either really don't want to understand, don't care, or don't listen. Before you embarrass yourself saying these things, read what I have written. You might find it will answer most of your questions, especially if you read claim #1 of my patent as posted by Skorpion at this thread. It's so very simple. It lays out exactly what my patent claims are and therefore what my patent covers. The claims are all that matters in a patent. Please read them before you accuse me of thinking I patented all methods of bumpfiring. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, is it really that hard for you to read them and everything else I have written here and to understand exactly what the claims of my patent are?

You also haven't answered my question. Browning machineguns use recoil spring technology. Do they also infringe?

No they do not. Do you know why? Again, if you bothered to read what I have typed in post after post, as well as what is so easy for you to read in Skorpion's post of my patent claims, you would know why. But since you still haven't understood, I will tell you again. (Sometimes I think some of you understand very well and are just giving me a hard time for no reason because I exposed and proved some individuals here have infringed upon my patent.) I really don't believe anyone could be so dense as to not understand what I have written repeatedly over and over again at this thread. So listen carefully this time.

I did not patent the use of recoil springs as it relates to the operation of a Browning machine gun. In regards to the language of my patent claim #1 that refers to "having a method for biasing the action back forwardly", that could be isometric tension, it could be a rubber band, it could be a spring, or it could be a superball. That is the non limiting way I and my patent attorney carefully worded the language of my patent claims. Do you understand that? Okay. Just ONE of the FURTHER claims of my patent, does reference the OPTION of using a spring as a "biasing" method for translating the barreled receiver action back forwardly again following recoil. Do you understand that? Okay. The only way my patent is pertinent to the use of a recoil spring, is in conjunction with that OPTIONAL spring being used to "bias" forwardly the barreled receiver and trigger group of firearm that reciprocates within my STATIONARY buttstock. So the spring is only germaine in my patent when it is OPTIONALLY only used in that context of being in conjunction with the operation of the barreled receiver, trigger group reciprocating back and forth and to be used to translate the barrel receiver trigger group back forwardly within my stationary stock. That means in THAT context, the OPTIONAL use of MY particular recoil spring is patented. That does not mean I patented all recoil springs in Browning machine guns. Do you understand that? Do you get it now?

I know why you haven't answered me. You know why you haven't answered me. LOL at you!

I just answered you. Did you understand what I said?

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow at the range when I bump fire a few mags out of my AR-15. I may even take a picture of it for ya!

Good for you. That form of bumpfiring I did not patent. Or do you still not understand that?

[QUOTE=Krupski;73261]I'm no lawyer, patent or otherwise, but I do not think a patent even covers a private person building a patented copy of any item for private use.

You may be correct that you are no patent lawyer, but you are incorrect concerning what constituties a patent infringement. Why would you even post something that your opening premise is you admitting you have no legal experience or knowlege of, and then state what is your uninformed OPINION of what you THINK the law should be? I mean you either know or you do not. Your OPINION of what you THINK the law should be, does not change what the patent law is. I do happen to know. I own a patent. I know what the law says regarding someone making an item that infringes upon someone else's patent. Patent law specifically states that the making of an item for private use and even with no intention to sell, is an infringement punishable by up to a $5000.00 fine per item made if adjudicated guilty in patent infringment court. Don't assume your feelings or opinion are what patent law is. That is just silly. Look it up. Then you will know.

I mean, if the Sham Wow dude sells chamois cloths and he's got the idea patented, do you mean I can't buy a piece of chamois and cut out a square of it and use it to clean stuff in my own home???

That Sham Wow analogy is not germaine nor applicable to my mechanical operation patent. But it depends on the type of so called "chamois cloth". Is it a real leather chamois cloth? If so, a square or rectangle piece of leather is not a specific patentable item. That would be like you trying to patent a cow. Or is it a patented synthetic material that simulates leather? If so, you might be able to patent the specific technology of making that synthetic material. So it depends on what the "chamois" is made of. Now, if you copied and made a "chamois" out of that specific patented technology for that synthetic material, then you would be infringing. Understand? However, the "chamois" cloth is not a very good anology to my patent. Let's use one that is basic and yet mechanical. The piston in an engine. You cannot patent the concept of the piston. It is an unpatentable item. But....you can patent a specific type of piston that performs a new operation
    that is different from any other pistons that were patented before. Such as the Wankel rotary piston for example. In the final analysis, it is the U.S. patent office, patent examiner who makes the educated determination, based on various criteria, of what they are going to allow to be patentable or not. So if my patent claims were examined and passed by a trained, educated, U.S. patent office examiner, and I was issued a patent, what you THINK should or should not be allowed for me to patent is irreleant. Wankel did not invent the piston. Just like I did not invent bumpfiring. But Wankel did patent THEIR particular type of piston and the way it mechanically operated. Just like I patented my particular method of linear motion operation, barreled receiver/trigger group reciprocating within a stationary stock with finger stop supports. That is patentable or else I would not have received my patent.

Besides, patented or not, if the Akins Accelerator becomes a mainstream item, the Chinese will copy it and sell them at WalMart for $10.

Incorrect. It is illegal to import into the U.S. from another country, an item that infringes upon a U.S. patented item. They might buy out the patent. They might wait the twenty years for it to expire. But upon taking them to patent court and getting an adjudication of guilty, U.S. customs would not allow further importation of that infringing item from China to be imported into the U.S. to infringe upon a U.S. patent. There are also international patents. But they are largely unenforcable and yes the Chinese do copy American patents and produce them in China. But they cannot import those infringing copies into the U.S. And even if the Chinese smuggled them into the U.S., a high profile corporation such as Wal-Mart would not expose themselves to patent infringment litigation by carrying an illegal infringing chinese copy that infringed upon a U.S. patent. Wal-Mart does not have to do that to make a profit.

In the mean time, I'll put a bump spring into the stock of any damn rifle I please, and I'll post videos to prove it if anyone doubts it.

Please post them here and you be sure and invite the BATFE to view your proud post. I'm sure they will be very interested in paying you a visit for making a SPRING ACTUATED Akins accelerator infringing knockoff stock that they have ruled is illegal to have with a spring installed. Gee, I guess I don't know anything about that either do I? Lol. Is it just me, or did I accidently step into the remidial class by mistake today?

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Yes indeed I do. And that's exactly how Browning Machineguns work. You do understand that?
    You are incorrect. Here's why. The optional recoil spring that was in my accelerator stock had one purpose in my patent claims. To translate the barreled receiver/trigger group forwardly so that the trigger came back into contact with you trigger finger that was held rigid on the stock's finger stop supports. Now let me ask you this question. Does the Browning machine gun have a trigger that reciprocates back and forth with the recoiling barrel of the Browning? Gee, it doesn't does it? So you are incorrect in stating that is exactly how Browning machine guns work. So it is different isn't it? If it were not, and I was attempting to patent something that was a long expired patent that was now public domain regarding a Browning, then the patent examiners at the U.S. patent office would not have issued me a patent would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You know I just went from feeling sorry for what BATFE did to you to thinking you are a douce-bag and got what you deserved. Nice going!
    The douch bags are the infringers of someone else's intellectual property and those who think that is okay to do. I keep a file on all posts regarding infringement of my patent just in case those individuals ever become important enough for me to have a record of their actions if they attempt to market my patented claims. Otherwise they are garage infringers who are not worth going after for making onezies or twozies, but when they proudly post of their infringements to my patent, I still keep a file on them just in case they are adaucious enough to ever attempt to market their infringments of my patent. I also expose them for what they are doing. Just like I did here in this thread and just like I did back in 2005 and 2006. It is interesting that your version of a douche bag is someone whose patent is infringed upon and they expose the infringers for all to see and keep a record of them for the future, just in case, all while you ignore the douchebags who do the infringing. yeah, that's logical.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Well now I'm wondering how to make the tapco knock off.

Was it declared illegal?
    Yes according to the BATFE 2006-02 ruling, it would be illegal because it uses a spring to translate the barreled receiver/trigger group back forwardly so that the trigger re-engages the shooter's trigger finger rigidly located on the finger stop supports of the stock. So anyone who made or makes one, please proudly post pictures and video of them here and invite the BATFE to view your spring actuated Akins Accelerator patent infringing knockoffs. That 2006-02 ruling of the BATFE is not congressional law, but as an ATF agency "dictate" it has the force of law. But although they shut down my corporation and ordered us and all our customers to send in all our springs, I'm sure they would let you slide. Try it and let's find out. Or if you don't want to post it here, take it to a range where there are lots of off duty police officers and maybe even ATF agents. I'm sure it will be okay. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    If these guys were mass producing the stocks and selling them, I could understand your concerns. But to come off like you did to a few guys that were tinkering around in their garages is just plain idiotic.

Have fun policing the web and saving screen shots Mr Akins. Perhaps if you threaten and harass enough gun owners you will improve your sales. Sarcasm intended.

You don't get it because you likely are not a patent owner who has watched garage infringers proudly post their infringments online for the past five or six years.
    Knowing that you have proof and a slam dunk case, but it simply is not worth the trouble of litigating such small infringers. But is IS worth the trouble to expose their infringing to everyone when they brag about it such as was done by three people in this thread BEFORE I ever posted in this thread.
    I have many friends who are gun owners. Infringers of my patent are not my friends, whether they are gun owners or not. They are also not a target market for sales of medium or big ticket firarms items. They don't want to buy from the patent holder. They just want to make their own infringing copy instead of rewarding the guy who invented and patented it. They infringe upon my patent and I expose them for doing so and copy their posts to a file in case I have need of evidence in the future in case they decide they think they can market my patent. It also gives me files to remind me of the handles of those individuals who infringe upon my patent not only now, but did so years ago. I want to remember who they are and be able to refute their lying about their infringment by re-posting their posts from years ago that they never would think I would have saved for five or six years. I have files on every infringer of my patent that I have ever seen or been notified by friends about. If they did it to me once, they would do it again with other things I might patent. And if they become an important enough nuisance for me to be totally fed up with, by keeping a file, I have the evidence I need of infringment. You keep your records and I'll keep mine.

Quote Originally Posted by notsofunny View Post
    Mr. Akins,
    We are coming at you like a pack of rabid dogs because of how you've been acting. Childish. If you were to catch me fabricating some spring device to help bump fire my AR, and tried to sue me, more power to ya.
    No, it wouldn't be worth my time unless you tried to market your infringement of my patent. Then it would be worth it. If I saw you "fabricating some spring device to help you bump fire your AR", I'd let you know you were infringing upon my patent and if you denied it and gave me a hard time, I would expose you to everyone as the scumbag patent infringer you would be in that scenereo. I might even keep a record of your infringment in my files for the future, just in case. Then I'd encourage you to take it to your local police shooting range. Preferably one where some off duty ATF agents go to shoot and make sure you let everyone see your spring activated accelerator stock knockoff that the BATFE has outlawed. Don't worry, you'd be fine and maybe get a nice vacation out of your ATF deemed illegal spring activated infringment. The thing about patent infringers is they don't care that they are stealing the intellectual property of someone who paid dearly for it by inventing it and then paying for the patent and then being industrious to actually bring it to market through their own blood and sweat. They are selfish individuals who do not respect others property and are too cheap to just buy one from the guy who invented it. They are usually grinning little weasels who delight in their infringment and stealing of someone else's intellectual property. Unless it was THEIR patent of course. Then it would be a different story you see. But as you think, I am the childish one, not the infringers whom I expose. You were certainly correct about the analogy of the pack of rabid dogs though. Usually a dog is a coward just by himself and will not want to oppose a more honorable animal on their own. Only when backed up by and running with the like minded pack do they gain courage and attack as a pack. Yes, that was a good analogy of yours.

“In addition to my saved screenshots of this thread, this is to preserve the record of infringement of my patent and will be bookmarked.”

Why?
    Are you planning on suing them?
    Not unless they become important enough for me to. But by having a file on them already, I have accumulated evidence in case that were to ever occur. Plus it's a good way to be able to remember who they are. I remember most of them and if I do forget, that file is just a few clicks away to remind me. It also reminds me of who cannot be trusted to respect other's property and who I do not want to accidently forget and become online friends with and who to never do business with either in the buy sell trade forum sections or in any other way. So it's not important enough to be an enemies file list. It's just my dishonorable scumbags file list. And as I earlier stated, I can re-post their years past posts to prove when they try to lie about their infringing later on. It's good to have in case they ever think of trying to become a big fish and attempt to market an infringement of my patent. Then I already have an evidence file started on them.

Bill lets calm down a minute and stop with the name calling. I've never referred to you as anything close to what I believe you're addressing me as. If you have all the old posts I'd wish you'd post them because I think you're vastly misrepresenting what I've done in all this. I believe we both took an idea that was out in the market place for some time and developed it independently into different solutions to the same problem. I really did not know of your idea at the time I posted mine and I believe if you look at the stocks you can tell the inspiration was very different. I never claimed to of invented the idea, I always gave credit to those I had seen using spring loaded AR stocks going back literally decades.

If these guys were mass producing the stocks and selling them, I could understand your concerns. But to come off like you did to a few guys that were tinkering around in their garages is just plain idiotic.

Have fun policing the web and saving screen shots Mr Akins. Perhaps if you threaten and harass enough gun owners you will improve your sales. Sarcasm intended.

Akins is a broken has-been who's now turned into a complete asshole after seeing his dreams destroyed. The only power or authority he has on the web is in his own head. He forgets that patent infringement only occurs for when there is a "commercial" purpose. A bunch of guys making their own bumpstocks for their own consumption is easily demonstrated to be for "research" purposes.

Of course, then there's also this little Gem from 35 USC, 102

35 U.S.C. 102 Conditions for patentability; novelty and loss of right to patent.

A person shall be entitled to a patent unless -

(a) the invention was known or used by others in this country, or patented or described in a printed publication in this or a foreign country, before the invention thereof by the applicant for patent, or
    He'll rant and rave on the net and take screen shots to salve his broken ego. Unfortunately, the same stupid short-sightenedness that cost him his product will also alienate his supporters. Remember, the original ATF letters were issued for SKS's, not 10/22s. Bill thought he could pull a fast one on the ATF and it ended up costing him big.

Personally, I will make sure that I never purchase any product that pays Bill Akins one red cent. I will also encourage my fellow gun owners, and everyone else I know, to do the same.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Bill lets calm down a minute and stop with the name calling. I've never referred to you as anything close to what I believe you're addressing me as. If you have all the old posts I'd wish you'd post them because I think you're vastly misrepresenting what I've done in all this. I believe we both took an idea that was out in the market place for some time and developed it independently into different solutions to the same problem. I really did not know of your idea at the time I posted mine and I believe if you look at the stocks you can tell the inspiration was very different. I never claimed to of invented the idea, I always gave credit to those I had seen using spring loaded AR stocks going back literally decades.
    It was not an idea that had been out on the market for a long time. It had never been on the market before until I patented and we produced it. Prior to the accelerator stock, there were no bumpfire stocks being marketed commercially. There may have been experimenters and tinkerers, but they did not patent it. I did. And just as soon as word starting trickling out about our beta test group stocks, suddenly many people starting claiming they just thought of the very same idea. But okay, let's give you and them the benifit of the doubt for the moment and say that back in 2005 you really did not know of my five year old issued patent at that time and let's say you had not heard about our stock when in 2006 it went viral all over the firearms world at the exact time when you posted about your AK accelerator interation you were making. Okay so we suspend reality and give that benefit of the doubt that you were playing Plato in the cave totally cut off from hearing about the accelerator stocks for the moment. Now...let me ask you this question. Once you DID have to obviously admit you had heard of it at least by 2006, and when I informed you back then that your stock was infrining upon my patent. What did you do? Did you apologize and tell me you had no idea and ask me if I would like for you to disassemble your infringing converted Tapco stock? Did you do that? If you had I would have thanked you for your gesture and told you to go ahead and have fun with it. But just not to make any for sale or to encourage other people to make them online. But you didn't do that did you? Instead you wanted to argue with me insisting this was not an infringment of my stock even though I think now that you have finally read my claims, you realize it was. Don't you? You also did not remove your tutorial on how to make a Tapco version that infringed upon my patent. In your post in 2006 when you were posting about your AK interation of my patent, by that time the accelerator stock had really gone viral all over the net and the firearms world. You HAD to have known about it by that time. So why did you continue to post about your AK interation when by that time you DID know about the accelerator? You also continued to encourage people to make their own modified Tapco accelerator infringing stocks. You had a whole how to section on how you did it and were encouraging others to do the same. So even giving you the benefit of the doubt in say 2005, by 2006 you had to know of the accelerator and when I informed you of your infringing back in 2006, did you remove all those infringing posts showing what you had made and stop encouraging others to make copies of what you had made?
    Well did you?

Now it is almost five years later and you saw the destruction of my corporation by the BATFE in late Dec 2006. What a nice Christmas present that was. I had multiple infringers almost immediately as soon as everyone became aware of the accelerator in 2005 and early 2006. Not just you but others. One even made an exact copy of my linear motion assembly and adapted it to an AK and submitted it to the BATFE trying to get approval so they could attempt to market it!!! He even tried to sell my own patent technology back to us!! We did not go for it and Akins Group Inc contacted him via mail with a cease and desist letter. He called his stock the B.A.S.T.A.R.D. and was very upset when the BATFE would not approve it. Shortly after we found out why. Because they were planning to recind their previous two approvals on my stock. Otherwise this tool was going to attempt to run with scissors trying to market his B.A.S.T.A.R.D. until I stopped him with a patent infringement suit. That is just one example of an infringer I had to deal with. Then there was Steve Roger's AW-Sim who infringed upon my patent and he would not cease and desist so I was getting ready to file on when we both were shut down by the BATFE making litigation against him moot. There was another tool who made an exact copy of my 10/22 linear motion assembly and built his own stock for it to go in. Exactly copying my 10/22 accelerator in all respects. We stopped the B.A.S.T.A.R.D. guy with a cease and desist and one other guy the same way. But there were many more garage infringers proudly and grinningly posting about their knowing infringments. Many poster urged them on and asked them to make one for them too. Not one of them has EVER apologized to me for their knowing infringement and grief they caused me. And by 2006 you also had to know. So what should I call my list? The thoughtless guys list? The list of not so very nice people? Put yourself in my shoes just once and then tell me the way you would feel and especially when many posters seem to think it is okay for those infringers to infringe such as has occurred here at this thread even all these years later. And I am not talking about the Slide Fire Solutions folks who I hope to have a working business relationship with. Well how would YOU like it? How would you like having to answer the same ignorant questions and deal with the same misstatements and wrongful accusations and attacks by people over and over and over again by people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about? Put my shoes on and then tell me how much patience and forgiveness you would have for idiots, ignorant know it all's who know nothing, those who simply will not read or listen when you explain it like a kindergarten teacher and for the patent infringers. How do you like my shoes? Do tell.
    Last edited by Bill Akins; 12-11-2010 at 07:31 AM.

[QUOTE=Lysander;73318]Akins is a broken has-been who's now turned into a complete asshole after seeing his dreams destroyed. The only power or authority he has on the web is in his own head. He forgets that patent infringement only occurs for when there is a "commercial" purpose. A bunch of guys making their own bumpstocks for their own consumption is easily demonstrated to be for "research" purposes.

Ignoring all your weak ad-hominem clap trap.
    That is not correct. You do not have to have a "commercial purpose" purpose to be an infringement. You do not know what you are talking about. The "research" purposes clause that you speak of, must be met by the "researchers" having to prove that they are actually changing and improving the original patented item to the point where it is so different from the previous item that it removes it from being classified as that item. That was not done by people who made almost exact copies of my patent stock or by MrRiddick whose converted Tapco stock operated exactly in the same way as my patented claims. So those "bunch of guys" you speak of that you think could avoid infringement by claiming the "research" clause, would not be researchers because their stocks were almost exact clones of mine and were not improved or changed to the point of being able to be classified as being for "research". If they attempted to invoke the research clause without actually really doing any research and showing their progress, their "research" turns into infringement. You simply are wrong and do not know what you are talking about. Your weak attempt at character assassination is about all you have because your facts are incorrect.

Of course, then there's also this little Gem from 35 USC, 102

He'll rant and rave on the net and take screen shots to salve his broken ego. Unfortunately, the same stupid short-sightenedness that cost him his product will also alienate his supporters. Remember, the original ATF letters were issued for SKS's, not 10/22s. Bill thought he could pull a fast one on the ATF and it ended up costing him big.

The operating principle for the SKS stocks submitted to the BATFE was exactly the same operating principle for the Ruger 10/22 stocks.But then I don't expect someone such as yourself to understand that the operating principles being exactly the same would mean that approval for the SKS stock's operating principle would also be approval for the Ruger 10/22 stock's operating principle. Even the BATFE conceded that in court. But you just keep spouting that illogic to all your friends that one stock's operating principle that is identical to another stock's operating principle is not equally as valid. I am sure your friends are in awe of your knowledge.

Personally, I will make sure that I never purchase any product that pays Bill Akins one red cent. I will also encourage my fellow gun owners, and everyone else I know, to do the same.

Yes you do that. I'm sure your lack of knowledge of patent law as well as your failure to understand that one operating principle that is exactly the same for two stocks would be valid for either stock, will be very impressive to all your friends.
    If that doesn't get them, you can always devolve into ad-homimen attacks when you are incorrect and have nothing else left. Very impressive.
    Last edited by Bill Akins; 12-11-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Regardless of the law, stopping people from making something so simple in their own home is going to lead people to hate you. Think about it from an outside perspective.

If it turns out that patent laws can stop people from making their own, then something needs to be done with those laws. There is no excuse for you trying to tell people that they cannot make something in their garage for their own needs.

I can't imagine that you receiving a patent is equivalent to made at home spring loaded AR stocks being banned.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Before you guys are too hard on Mr Akins you should read this: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/dec...eads-him-ruin/
    I think he's mad at quite a few people, most notable the BATF and from the sound of the article has lost quite a bit personally in the deal. I bet from his point of view this whole mess is quite abit more stressing then anything most of us have ever experienced and I don't blame the guy for venting, maybe it's alittle over the top but still...
    I don't think there is one person here who isn't on his side against the unconstitutional ATF, the definition of a Machinegun is clear; A machinegun fires more than one bullet when you pull the trigger without resetting. It's clear the ATF screwed over this guy, it's unreal they can get away with this, unreal legislators can't rein these thugs in, unreal the 2nd amendment doesn't apparently mean what it says.
    Coming to a gun board and threatening home tinkerers with lawsuits hardly gets you sympathy though. He'd be better off asking for donations to a fund to sue in court against the outrageous actions of the ATF. I can bet you a bunch of us would contribute.
    And where the hell is the NRA in this and other matters like suing over the hughes amendment as it obviously makes the NFA null and void under the taxing authority it supposedly passed muster under!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    He forgets that patent infringement only occurs for when there is a "commercial" purpose. A bunch of guys making their own bumpstocks for their own consumption is easily demonstrated to be for "research" purposes.
    Thanks.
    I knew there had to be something in there that protected our upcoming inventors from sue happy douche bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Akins View Post
    Not unless they become important enough for me to. But by having a file on them already, I have accumulated evidence in case that were to ever occur. Plus it's a good way to be able to remember who they are. I remember most of them and if I do forget, that file is just a few clicks away to remind me. It also reminds me of who cannot be trusted to respect other's property and who I do not want to accidently forget and become online friends with and who to never do business with either in the buy sell trade forum sections or in any other way. So it's not important enough to be an enemies file list. It's just my dishonorable scumbags file list. And as I earlier stated, I can re-post their years past posts to prove when they try to lie about their infringing later on. It's good to have in case they ever think of trying to become a big fish and attempt to market an infringement of my patent. Then I already have an evidence file started on them.

People produce and try to paten ideas that have already been patented every day. obviously they do not obtain the paten. but they do not get threatened with lawsuits. and until today, I have never heard these tinkerers and inventors referred to as “dishonorable scumbags”.
    I would like to remind you that If your paten had failed, you would fall into that same category.
    In conclusion.
    If you want to go around the net acting like a spoiled little child and scream at everyone “that was my idea first, I’m going to put you on my scumbag list and not play with you” You go right ahead. Just don’t expect to be welcomed on the big kids playground.

Surly
    All bullshit aside, if any of you want a weapon that fires select-fire, save another $9K on top of the asking price of this stock and get the real thing.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    All bullshit aside, if any of you want a weapon that fires select-fire, save another $9K on top of the asking price of this stock and get the real thing.
    Shouldn't have to, but that's another story. How's it going over there, you getting the same blizzard I presume?

Sooo... doesnt the Knoxx shotgun system work the exact same way? And dont they have a handy dandy PATENT?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast