Thread: PSL barrel went in way to easy.. HELP PLEASE

PSL barrel went in way to easy.. HELP PLEASE

12 ak builds so far all rivet one half weld half rivet all fire fine except for one which I fixed. Trying a PSL build. Barrel came out with some force on a 12 ton press. The pin was really tight. I used some emery paper on the barrel and inside the trunnion just a little and polished. As I was trying to rig my press to fit the long barrel, I took and break and started playing with the barrel and receiver trunnion and started to work the barrel in by hand just enough that it would stay secure just in a few MM and then finished it off with some patient hitting with one of those orange deadblow non marring hammers. it took a few minutes. The barrel can only be moved with the mallet not by hand. I headspaced it all good and then pressed the pin back in. Pin still very very tight fit. Is this rifle safe? Can I weld the barrel to the trunnion to be safe? Everything cycles fine snap cap ejected fine from magazine.. Hold it by the hip and look away the first few rounds???

HELP

wrong forum?? Is this thing on??

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

I've built a couple dozen AK rifles for background info. IMHO your rifle is safe. The pin is what holds it in and keeps headspace. The bolt lugs lock to the trunion. If you have headspace gauges; go, no go and field you should be able to check headspace after shooting it a few shots. I doubt it can move unless the pin is soft. Shoot 20 rounds and check the HS, if it's the same shoot 80 more. If it's still the same check it again at 500 rounds. If it hasn't moved by then it isn't going to.

thank you sir

as long as you cant move it by hand it should b ok

Most East Block weapons operate on two principalsurability and Simplicity. If it looks right and feels right it most likely is right, just my two cents