Thread: Romy 56/62 SKS

Romy 56/62 SKS

Aim has them for $299.95 each without cleaing rod. Are all the romy sks Cugir made?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3RSKS

Sounds about right. They're nice. Had some firing pin issues in some. I just fixed one for a buddy at work. Replaced the firing pin with a spring-loaded one and cleaned the shit out of it (tons of cosmoline-like perservative). Ran like a top. Had to let the smoke out of it to get it to run right!

BDG

Not certain about Cugir, but I believe that's right. I bought 2 of them from J&G when they were 115 bucks. Odds were that you could get one with pretty decent finish condition but the stock would likely be crappy. Both of mine came with great finish and one even had a really decent, serviceable stock. The other stock was firewood. The one my friend ordered (much later than me) had almost no finish left and the stock was worse firewood than the one I had.

I've heard it said that the Romy's were as close to the Russians as you could get without them actually being Russian. Personally, I like all my SKS's of every make and they all function very well.

The gun market must be loosening some, because I saw a cherry-looking Romy down at Cabelas for 250 last night. They also had a decent lineup of other used guns that have moderated in price since the last time I was there. Maybe money's just getting tight at that place too.