Thread: 7.62x39 less than 16 cents a round!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up 7.62x39 less than 16 cents a round!

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A76239Yugo Never thought I'd see sub 20 cent a round x39 again!

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

ehhh, good start, but im still afraid of the yugo corossive shit. if the cases were boxer primed, id take my chances with the corosion.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    ehhh, good start, but im still afraid of the yugo corossive shit. if the cases were boxer primed, id take my chances with the corosion.
    I am so very tempted but I am paranoid as hell of the corrosive ammo. I clean my psl like three times after i shoot it ...

Whats to worry about ??? especially if you clean after you shoot? IIRC we began shooting the yugo/prvi brass cased corrosive stuff back when it was $120 per 1260rnds from samco. Was about to order a case on strippers for the romanian sks @ $250 then got the aim email for $199. Never had a FF shooting this stuff and we're probably 7 or 8 cases deep from sources like samco/copes/aim right now with another range day set up for Sunday morning... As for cleaning, we use hot soapy (dish liquid) water in a 5 gallon bucket and clean 2-3 guns at a time. So far Good to go, out of the suds and some clp ( started using royal purple gun oil recently) ! Shoot and enjoy!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Got the email from Aim, but didn't remember seeing that new caliber!

Schuetzenman
    7.62x49 less than 16 cents a round!
    I fix!

It sure looks pretty and shiny and brassy...... I already shoot corrosive in the 74s, just a hot water and soap soak that same day and air compressor the nooks and crannies and clp and lube as normal. Im was very tempted but I opted to buy some mags instead.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

you guys act like cleaning your rifle is normal. mine are lucky to see a brush once a year.

Corrosive is no big deal, a couple minutes extra cleaning on rifles I keep spotless anyways. Been shooting 7N1 thru my NDM-86, and have never had a second thought about it. Great thing about the Yugo stuff is that it is lead core, copper jacketed, all range friendly!

Shoot it up!!!

It's great ammo. There'll be a day when you'll kick yourself for not buying while you had the chance. (Remember Turk 8MM, reasonable .308 battle packs, Cheetah 7.62 X 39 and cheap surplus .303?).

Good idea to get used to cleaning your weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Got the email from Aim, but didn't remember seeing that new caliber!

I fix!
    Are you high? My original post says 7.62x39 plain enough.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 11-20-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Check out some stuff called MPro-7. It is excellent cleaner. It advertises that it neutralizes corrosive ammunition. You can get it in a Spray bottle. Just squirt your rifle down after shooting and then clean it as usual when you get home

Here's their web site. I have no connection with them other than I use their products and it is good stuff

http://www.mpro7.com/

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Are you high? My original post says 7.63x39 plain enough.
    The post said 7.62x39 but the title originally said "7.62x49" until yours truly edited it.

Next time I shouldn't be so nice????

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Bronze 07/2011 whos2kno's Avatar

i love Yugo ammo and yes it's very corrosive. this stuff has to be the best surplus ammo out there.
    all you have to do guys is just clean you weapon after you shoot it and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by whos2kno View Post
    i love Yugo ammo and yes it's very corrosive. this stuff has to be the best surplus ammo out there.
    all you have to do guys is just clean you weapon after you shoot it and your good to go.
    Many are not used to needing to clean a weapon after firing thanks to noncorrosive primers in modern ammo. But if you start out like I did with Muzzle Loading weapons you had to clean every time you fired them or face rusted bores. Hot soapy water and a bore brush will take care of the corrosive percholrate salts in corrosive primed ammo.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Bronze 07/2011 whos2kno's Avatar

i remember the first day my grandfather took out a double barrel shotgun in the living room and he took it apart and said you will first learn how to clean a weapon before you shot it. today 30+ years later i still remember that day. i have that shotgun sitting in my safe.

everytime i shoot i make it a hait to clean that day or the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidelski View Post
    Whats to worry about ??? especially if you clean after you shoot? IIRC we began shooting the yugo/prvi brass cased corrosive stuff back when it was $120 per 1260rnds from samco. Was about to order a case on strippers for the romanian sks @ $250 then got the aim email for $199. Never had a FF shooting this stuff and we're probably 7 or 8 cases deep from sources like samco/copes/aim right now with another range day set up for Sunday morning... As for cleaning, we use hot soapy (dish liquid) water in a 5 gallon bucket and clean 2-3 guns at a time. So far Good to go, out of the suds and some clp ( started using royal purple gun oil recently) ! Shoot and enjoy!
    I shoot lots of corrosive through my bolt guns... i hose out the barrel and bolt and then clean as usual... a semi auto is another story though... Do you soap down the entire internals or just barrel... bolt... carrier...

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by charliem View Post
    Check out some stuff called MPro-7. It is excellent cleaner. It advertises that it neutralizes corrosive ammunition. You can get it in a Spray bottle. Just squirt your rifle down after shooting and then clean it as usual when you get home

Here's their web site. I have no connection with them other than I use their products and it is good stuff

http://www.mpro7.com/
    I aint doubting you but I cant find where they talk about the cleaner neutralizing corrosives... Maybe I am just not looking at the right product...