Thread: Cerakote Questions

Cerakote Questions

I have my Pre B CZ75 from Robertson's and am looking forward to refinishing it. I've done refinishing work on a couple of Russian capture 98K's and am very happy with the results from stripping, polishing and using cold blue. With the Pre-B I've decided on a paint type refinish and am looking at Cerakote. Here are a few questions:

Will the cheap paint gun such as the one Cerakote sells work with a standard Sears Craftman air compressor?

While I'm sure the fine results and reputation Cerakote has comes from their oven cure coatings, has anyone used their air dry coatings? I've had great results baking some M4 add-ons using Brownells Aluma-Hyde and baking it in a toaster oven to harden, could I bake the air-cure Cerakote to harden it more? Is the oven cure simple enough to mix and bake?

Is Cerakote such a complicated, specialty type finish that a neophyte, gun part replacer, refinisher such as myself could never hope for decent results and will need to pay a professional gunsmith for a Ceracote refinish or resign myself to a more simpler finish such as Gun-Kote or Aluma-Hyde?

I appreciate any suggestions and answers, also I did use the search engine with negative results for answers.

Thanks.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I have no experience with this product. But somebody here no doubt does and will post - good questions.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~