I bought a used Winchester Model 50 at a garage sale this summer. I thought I got a great deal on it, considering it is in 92%-94% condition looks wise... a few dimples on the stock that can be fixed in an hour or two, and maybe a good field strip cleaning. I've had it in the closet for 5 months and just took it out for the 1st time yesterday.

So my first problem was that after loading the tube with 1 shell to start, I attempted to cock it and the shell didn't load in the barrel. I attempted 6 or 7 more times, each time nothing happened... It stayed in the tube.

So I manually dropped a shell down the barrel and fired. It fired fine, except it failed to eject the spent cartridge. The end of the spent cartridge was crimpted in half so I had to dig the spent cartridge out by hand.

I thought it might be some kind of temporary problem so I fired several rounds through it, each time manually loading 1 shell at a time in the barrel and digging the spent cartridge out.

There is obviously a problem with the loading and ejection system, but I can't figure out what it is. Does anyone have any ideas?

Read more: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...#ixzz1APm3qF8t