Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiked coffee for EVERYONE!!!!

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    Brian, I had the same problem with my truck. Turned out it was the front brake rotor. Our trucks have four wheel disk brakes. They're fairly simple to work on. Pop the calipers off, then the disks slid off. The front brakes may require some persuasion in the form of a 3lb hammer. One of the problems our trucks have is the weight of the engine. That weight makes the front brakes work quite a bit harder than trucks with gas engines. I warped my new front brakes in less than a year, which was a good thing as Ford warranties parts for a year. I'm not saying it's your front brakes, only that it's fairly easy to take care of the problem.

As for the trailer brakes, I installed mine on my truck. It's waaay easier than it was years ago. Behind your radio is a plug that sits there in mid-air plugged into nothing. That's where you plug in your trailer brake controller. You can access is from under your steering wheel when remove the shroud that covers your fuse panel. Plug the controller's harness there, and the other end into your controller. That's it!

This is the company I bought the controller from. http://www.southwestwheel.com/store/...FRxqgwodrhHnHg They sent me the wrong (free) harness, but sent me the new one, no question asked.

This video shows how easy it is to install the controller and harness. http://www.etrailer.com/tv-brake-con...superduty.aspx
    That's it? That's it?!?! Crap Allen, the next time I'm up your way I'll meet you somewhere and buy you a beer... or a coffee or something if you don't drink anymore. You just saved me some money 63. Woo Hoo!

As for brakes, I'm a brake expert thanks to the Bronco's under-braked design. Online sites can be a HUGE resource when it comes to car repairs.

Two of my favorite sites...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
    http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/

and...

http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/mfr,MOTORCRAFT
    http://www.northernautoparts.com/
    http://www.summitracing.com/
    http://www.napaonline.com/
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/
    http://car-part.com/

I usually use Napa or the wrecking yard.
    Last edited by btcave; 01-22-2011 at 01:06 AM.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

I'm also a member of the Ford trucks site. It helped tons in the past! Ditto with car-parts. When my truck's front axle's locator bracket broke it's weld, I used it to buy another axle. It was way cheaper to rebuild that one than buying a new axle and swapping my parts into it. On top of that, I have the guts left over to use as spares in case this one dies. Oh! NAPA's Puget Sound warehouse is just down the hill from me, about a mile.
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Sorry to hear about your mom OG, I hope she is ok and remember how to swear in Swedish.

I hope everyone else in here is ok too. Im ok, my better half aint. She has caught something we call the "krystall syke" (crystal illness). Makes her head spinn. Even if she is lying in the bed it feels like riding a roller coaster. I hope the doctors can do something because she is really suffering... Yet she has given me the orders to go to the range tomorrow. She is a keeper. Ill follow her orders and come home with some flowers.

Trucks.. mine needs some service. Ball joints are all used up. Ill change to a free spin hub while Im at it. Going to cost me bad, but it will pay off in the long run.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Thanks, she is uncomfortable because she only rests good on her back and that isn't going to happen for another month. Nothing wrong with her mouth and she remembers the words she wasn't supposed to hear or learn from Grandpa and great grandpa so she can cuss in Norwegian, Swede, Bohunk, Truck driver and Navy. Hopefully they got it all, they think so but only time will tell.

Hope your better half gets to feeling better soon, having the same problem on this side of the pond and it's keeping me out of my car, off my mule, out of my shop and away from my guns. I need to get outside and get some fresh air in my lungs and some exercise or I am going to go stark raving crazy. Nurse sister says there is only three steps to go completely over the sanity line and I have taken two of them already.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

No more mechanicing for me for a while! I was helping a friend replace his powersteering pump yesterday when I wrenched my lower back. I can feel it down to the back of my knees.

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    No more mechanicing for me for a while! I was helping a friend replace his powersteering pump yesterday when I wrenched my lower back. I can feel it down to the back of my knees.
    Keep forgetting we aren't 23 years old anymore huh? Put on some coffee, put a roast in the oven, a bowl of dip at your elbow and your favorite snack then sit back to watch the football game. If you feel like cheering say yippee, if you feel the urge to jump up and dance take a double dip with your snack. That's all the exercise you need till you are up on your feet again. Doctor has spoken, no charge this time.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

OG, be sure to get some fresh air before I get there. It would be frustrating getting over there and having to dodge bullets, gravell, cups, jugs and whatever because you have lost your little last piece of sense.

Mechanical work... is ok.... as long as its not in the car or truck department. I have shortened my life by 23 years by doing that kind of work. 22 of those years because of pure rage and swearing. Those guys up...or downstairs must have a long list on me just because of my truck-mech time. I hate it. But those bills from the professional guys are even worse. So I have to deal with it...

I made some pretty tasy mooseballs tonight. Full of garlic and herbs. Even little one ate a ton. Next fall Ill try to shoot moose with a shotgun loaded with local herbs. Makes cooking a lot easier.

Had a great day at the range today. That old 32-44 Smith Wesson just have to be a winner. I cant understand why Smith Wesson ditched that caliber just to come up with a rather similar one. Only problem so far is that the primers must have been a lot harder back then. Hammer and chamber pressure mess up the indexing (dont know if you use that word, revolving-indexing)....Shot a few rounds with my old trapdoor aswell. Allways a pleasure. If I was sent to a desert planet not knowing what to face I would pick a trapdoor.... or an AK47. If I could choose I would stay home though. I prefer listening to the birds.

Control question.... do you remember how to save a sweed from drowing??

Control question.... do you remember how to save a sweed from drowing??
    Same as you do for a Norwegian, toss a bar of soap in the water.

Got to the shop today for a little bit, planning on some more tomorrow, things are looking better. I wear out fast but a little 'on my feet' time will get my strength back.

THUCYDIDES.

OG, one problem with your prescription; I don't care for football. At least on TV I don't. Ditto with most other sports.

I can't say how much I appreciate how much Erika helps around here! No questions asked, no need to tell her, nothing! She just jumps in and helps with her sister.

Hedning, it was a car that did me under! If it was my truck, I don't think it would have been a problem. There's not much I can do on the thing without pulling the cab.

That reminds me; I need to replace the fuel filters on the beast. It's one of the few things I can do on the truck.

Just made pickled eggs tonight, tried something new, made a few sweet eggs for ma and some British Pub style for Biker Brother and me with the Jalapeno pepper in the juice pickling away with the eggs. Will let you know in 2 weeks if I should have stayed with tried and true or if experimenting is a good thing. With ma's I added a little sugar and half the spice. with mine I added cinamon, cloves, allspice, 50 % more picking spice instead of 10 black peppercorns. I have them but don't know how old they are so I'll grind them up and use them for regular pepper. That and a little extra vinegar instead of the full amount of water and I should be good to go, they aren't even cool enough to put in the refrigerator yet and they are already turning that lovely shade of pickled egg yellow.

Thinking ahead I had some Beano picked up with the last grocery run or it will get exciting in the old barn because that's where nurse sister will chase us out to spend the night if we do our usual thing.

Gonna be a long 2 weeks.

THUCYDIDES.

So much excitement! All of you are having.

63D I hope your back is better soon, you may also begin to enjoy supervising someone else doing the work... while enjoying coffee.. You and Brian can pull up a chair and hire a mechanic to boss around together.

Hedning I hope you wife's spinning has stopped by now. That would drive me nuts, hope she is better.

OG pickled eggs? Never had them sounds like a walk on the wild side.

Still waiting for the closing on my house, driving me nuts.

OG, one problem with your prescription; I don't care for football. At least on TV I don't. Ditto with most other sports.
    Gotcha, I haven't seen a football game in 2 years and I used to be a fanatic. Might be why I have a HUGE pile of John Wayne tapes. I suppose I should switch over to CD or DVD but I just finally learned how to set the clock and auto-record on the VCR. My phone has a cord that goes to a socket on the wall. I may live in 2011 but I am living in 1976.
    OG pickled eggs? Never had them sounds like a walk on the wild side.
    That isn't the way my mom puts it. I told her I made hers half strength and she demanded to know why. When I told her how I made mine she turned white and said jalapeno like it was a swear word. Now she is wondering if half strength is weak enough but she didn't get any of the pepper brine. Of course I forgot to tell her that, I need to make her worry a little, takes her mind off the day when they come in to remove her stitches. I volunteered to bring in my pliers and do it for her. She suggested that I stay home. Well it wasn't exactly a suggestion, it was more on the order of

13 days to go before I try my eggs. If they turn out really good I'll make a double batch and let the Norwegian have one the day before he has to go home. They will move him up to first class and everybody else to the back of the plane. They won't let him on that airline again.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    13 days to go before I try my eggs. If they turn out really good I'll make a double batch and let the Norwegian have one the day before he has to go home. They will move him up to first class and everybody else to the back of the plane. They won't let him on that airline again.
    He may get on a watch list...

Or he, my biker brother whose nickname is (pickle belly) and I will be blamed for global warming/cooling/climate change...pick one.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Or he, my biker brother whose nickname is (pickle belly) and I will be blamed for global warming/cooling/climate change...pick one.
    So, I will be looking forward to the snow melting here when your pickled eggs are done? The snow here is kickin our butts......

When the snow is down to ankle deep hop on your bike and head this way. I'll have another batch ready.

THUCYDIDES.

From sister Janet

We are in trouble... The population of this country is 300 million.

160 million are retired.

That leaves 140 million to do the work.

There are 85 million in school.

Which leaves 55 million to do the work.

Of this there are 35 million employed by the federal government.

Leaving 20 million to do the work.

2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden.

Which leaves 17.2 million to do the work.

Take from that total the 15.8 million people who work for state and
    city Governments. And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.

At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals.

Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.

That leaves just two people to do the work.

You and me.

And there you are,

Sitting on your ass,

At your computer, reading jokes..

Nice. Real nice

My answer:

I'm retired, don't gotta, don't wanna, aint gonna!

THUCYDIDES.

LOL, thats a good one. And I intend to sit and entertain myself with jokes on the computer today. Was a long "workathon" this past couple of weeks. 5 fun filled days off to move.

The bike sadly is under a cover covered in snow.

I'm trying to find a tracked snowblower to build one of these for Liz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmzNVIFY--k

That is FABULOUS 63D!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast