Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiked coffee for EVERYONE!!!!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Nice but won't that eat up batteries really fast?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

At the moment, Liz uses a pair of 24F batteries in her wheelchair. I was thinking that she will be able to use either a pair of these:

Or four of these:

Can she use a gas powered motor?

15 more inches of snow whoo hoo! Were getting even more tomorrow, on top of the hills forming a canyon in the driveway. And we plan on moving tomorrow, fun fun.

Kathy, unfortunately, the problems with gas engines are they're noisy and can't be used indoors. Otherwise, I would put a small gas engine on her wheelchair, and use either hydraulics or a generator to keep the batteries charged. It would solve much problems.
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

63... Iv used those batteries they use for temporary traffic lights on my electric boat motor. It runs almost all summer. Heavy bastards, but they hold a lot of Ah.

I feel good about the weather. The days are getting longer and longer every day. Special feeling when the light comes back. Those poor bastards up north have to wait a few months more to see the sun at all.

Mona had a pretty good day yesterday. Today, all messed up. She will go to the hospital on monday. Just to have a look see. Hopefully its nothing else up there thats wrong. Crystals are bad enough. Anybody that knows how that crystal thing happen?

She and little one goes to Lanzarote next friday, if she can make the flight. "Jump on" flights are so cheap, and a week in the sun might cheer her up a little. She was well enough to give me hell when I was fluxing my lead earlier today though. Pretty cold outside, so I fired up the Lee P20 inside my reloading room. But the wooden stick I used had a tendency to catch fire and smoke the place. A little fan saved the day.

OG, I can see Muscoda is on the melting side on the thermometer today.

Funny, when I read my post it seems like Iv written boat twice up there. But when I try to edit, its just boat... not boat boat!??!?!?
    Last edited by Hedning; 01-29-2011 at 05:55 PM.

These look like they would be better suited for Liz's needs. In fact, my front yard is bad enough where this would work much better than the snowblower's track.
    http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/im...3b6760ea20.jpg

The problem is, they cost almost a third that of a powerwheelchair!

http://shop.hyperformanceparts.com/C...uctId=10000710

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Would this work any better for her. I know a guy on another site who uses one and he has a rack built on it so he can shoot because he has limited use of just one arm.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...5f2baf197528df

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Holy COW!!! The price is less than shipping on these! I may be able to track Lizzie's wheelchair for a reasonable price!

http://shop.hyperformanceparts.com/T...fidaa117zz~r=~

http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/im...43f6171eca.jpg

OG, my front yard is pretty bad off. I mean, I had to use one of my trucks to pull out the other yesterday. I'm not sure if wheels can deal with the ruts and mud that my yard is.

You might want to rethink the track then, they have a wonderful ability to get you deeper in trouble before getting stuck and are harder to extricate. I'm thinking of all the people on the board you know that better than anybody not in a cavalry unit or working construction on tracked vehicles.

If my dinosaur memory remembers correctly from the old site you are clay based with poor drainage? Sort of a challenge and I don't envy you. I have considered this for my own back field which is primarily sand but would serve me in the winter like right now. It's the only thing I can think of that would be able to handle any terrain you can throw at it. Could be a bit bulky but the screws wouldn't have to be all that big for a single wheel chair and one passenger. Remember this thread?

THUCYDIDES.

Yeah.... I was a recover vehicle commander. I had to pull tracked armor out of sticky situations. Just like 4x4 drive trucks, they're harder to get stuck, but when they do, they're harder to get unstuck.

The biggest advantage tracks have over wheels is their smoother cross country ride. More than anything else, that's what I want for Liz.

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    The biggest advantage tracks have over wheels is their smoother cross country ride. More than anything else, that's what I want for Liz.
    That's what I thought but without a picture of your yard in my mind I just couldn't help thinking 4 big rubber wheels might be a little smoother. Hard to really tell without trying one vs the other, especially on a small short wheelbase vehicle. That just complicates things a bunch more. Me thinks you have a heck of a project and I wish you luck whichever way you end up going.

THUCYDIDES.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Since I retired...

I may be able to go off my BP meds. The pain lately is from the gym. I took a 4 month leave from working out. I feel like an old man in the morning. But wait, I am getting there. I have to hobble out to the mail box for my social security checks once a month.....chris3

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    A piss stop in middle Iraq, coming back from Talil.

Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

At the Ziggurat of Ur.

Tourism Iraqi style.

Last edited by btcave; 01-31-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks Bro! I love checking out landscapes, history, culture, and people from other cultures and lands.

I can't help but think, "Cool shit-bang equipment! Wish we had them when I was there!", then I figured the VN vets were thinking that about the equipment we had during GWI.

The changes I've seen in MTOE since 1990... I'm too old for this s... now. Time to let the younger guys do it. March 6th is my last day wearing the uniform, if they don't lose the retirement 4187.

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    Thanks Bro! I love checking out landscapes, history, culture, and people from other cultures and lands.

I can't help but think, "Cool shit-bang equipment! Wish we had them when I was there!", then I figured the VN vets were thinking that about the equipment we had during GWI.
    You got that straight, a lot of equipment I worked on or with was commissioned in WWII or the Korean War. My radar wasn't but it was the last one put in the fleet using vacuum tubes as the major electronics component. The deuce I drove at White Sands or in the Army reserves may have very well been some of the equipment used by or seen by my step father in Korea. I was so excited when I finally got my first crack at night vision goggles and now I look at what they got today and this old dinosaur feels like a really really old dinosaur.

Crazy videos, I looked at all those steps and my first thought was where is the elevator?

THUCYDIDES.

Awesome Brian! Thanks! Nice to visit places like that, unless they are shooting at you. Its great to have you home.

Looking at those steps allmost gave me an heartattack. I need new knees. They come in titan these days dont they?

Anybody in here that can point out a place where I can find parts for an old Oliver OC3, a Cletrack? My dad has a new project going.... He has just finished restoring an old boat engine. Twostroke diesel, 1 cylinder 610 cid. After months of work the day finally arrived when he called me and said I better get over and help him fire it up. Not exactly a safe starting procedure on that one. Better be two, so one can call the paramedics. It started allright, but my old dad had forgotten to clean the pipe. Must have been 16 dead birds and rats in there. Feathers and fur all over the place. Pretty hillarious...

Norway has been a good mother lately. Bouncing up and down arround freezing point. Mona feels better, so it looks like Im going to have the house for myself for a week while they are sun seekers down on the Canari Islands.

Ha en jævlig fin dag alle sammen......

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast