Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiked coffee for EVERYONE!!!!

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post
    Ha en jævlig fin dag alle sammen......
    I just translated this. That made me smile. My mothers grandparents were Norwegian. She says she grew up listening to her grandmother ranting in her native tongue whenever she got mad. Sorry, I don't know anything about boats, other than they are a black hole you throw money into and never see again.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Boats are Gods gift to man. we were incubated in water and going out on a large body of water is like returning to the womb, it is good for the soul and worth every penny. My row boat is my haven from the world, nobody can bother you when you are alone on a body of water and you are smart enough to leave communication devices locked up out of reach, out of sight and preferably turned off. Fishing pole optional, hooks, baits and lures not required to have a good day on a body of water.

But they sure add to the fun.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

You sure make that sound good OG.

Never got into fishing. Between hunting, the Lookout's, the Guard and spending time with the wife, I just don't make the time. Not many lakes within 2 hours drive here, but quite a few if I'm willing to drive 3 hours. The Ocean is about an hour and a half away. The Columbia and Willamette rivers are close. My father in law says he'll take me sturgeon and salmon fishing. I should take him up on that before his cancer finally claims him.

I'm a poor fisherman anyway. Too impatient. Give me the wilderness teaming with deer or elk to hunt for my soul healing. If I don't heal well enough, I won't be diving into those canyons and climbing those ridges like I'm used to doing. Fishing may be in my future after all...

Last edited by btcave; 02-01-2011 at 09:17 PM.

BT......If I didnt know better I would have sworn you were in the wrong country. That looks exactly like my neighbourhood. Pines, pines, pines some more pines and a moose.

"Ha en jævlig fin dag alle sammen", means "Have one hell of a nice/fine day everybody".... "Jævlig" means something affected by the devil. Uses it for nice and bad things. If you want to say, "very good". You say "jævlig bra" (hell good). If you want to say, very bad-.. you say "jævlig dårlig" (hell bad). About 40% of an conversasion contains something about hell, the devil and his mother in law.

Ha en faan så fin dag..... (have a devilish fine day)

Heding, I'm about two and a half hour drive north of Brian. It's not much different here than there, with the exception that I have the Puget Sound. It's like the fjords in Norway.

I did recognize "fin dag alle". It's not much different than Danish. Fine Ethiopian coffee this morning. Lightly roasted, bold, but not overwhelming in flavor. Not that "Army field coffee" taste either!
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

63, that explains the deja vu feeling.

Yes, Danish and Norwegian are more or less identical the writing way. How we pronounce the words are something else. The Danes sounds like they have a potato down their throat. We understand them, but the words float together badly. We have a much sharper sound and R`s like Mexicans. Its like comparing American english and Scottish English.

I dont have any tasty coffee, just the Java Statoil coffee I got when I fueled up my truck. They have a good coffee deal. As much free coffee you can drink as long as you use a Statoil cup. Well, not totally free. You pay $20 for the cup, but thats it.

You just think its coffee, That's how they recycle their oil without having to pay a disposal fee.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Second MRI done and all looks as it should be. I have about a year of pain cycling as the scar tissue forms, then hardens and contracts, which pulls on the nerve, then breaks down with activity and starts the process all over again. Explains why I'm cycling through pain and relief and back to pain. When the 8 week healing period is over, it's stretching and physical therapy to keep the scar tissue breaking down until I'm back to normal. I could see the scar tissue and the bone they removed from my spine in the image. Pretty cool.

I've got 90% of my leg control and strength back. The pain gets more intense over a period of about 6 or 7 days and then I feel pretty good for a few days. Then back to hurting. It's way better than before though, when I hurt 24/7 non-stop and limped around like I had a wooden leg.

Do they have you doing a lot of walking and swimming. It's what kept me on my feet. If I didn't keep it up I was down flat on my butt and it was hell getting started again.

THUCYDIDES.

Hedning, somewheres around the homestead, I have a coffee cup from a truck stop that holds a liter of coffee. Unfortunately, the truck stop's ideal of coffee is about the same as the Army's.

Brian, I'm watching your progress closely. Sooner or later, I know I'm going to travel the same path. The only reason I've turned it down is I have to take care of Liz. That includes carrying her and lifting her in and out of the tub.

I'm glad you explained the process. So far, none of the doctors have explained it like you have.

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Good morning. Hope everyone is enjoying a cup of favorite brew.

Whats the count down till spring...?

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Good morning. Hope everyone is enjoying a cup of favorite brew.

Whats the count down till spring...?
    44 days 10 hours, 13 seconds...12..11..10..9..8..7.

I have been trying to put the countdown clock in my sig line but I can't figure out how to do it. Us simple country boys have problems with technical things like that but I do have it bookmarked for quick access.

THUCYDIDES.

Good morning all. The brew is good and the dog is next to me making the squeaky ball squeak. It may be Friday, but I got to work tomorrow to make up hours for all the doctor appointments over the last week.

63- If your problem is herniated disc's then I would definitely recommend the procedure.

After reading couple of posts in general disc. forum I understand that several places in the USA suffer from badass snow falls. How are you guys doing? Can you see the light? Eastern Norway has been good for a few days. Not too cold and a blue sky.

Had a blast at the range today. Black powder range. I friend of mine got an old muzzleloader for free doing some work for his boss. That boss could not have known what he gave away. My friend called me when he got the rifle and asked me if I was interested. And off course, Im totaly hooked on old guns so I picked it up a few days ago. This rifle is pure Norwegian rifle history..the "kassepipe" (boxpipe). It got that name from the square shape. It was first made with a snapplock, related to the flintlock. Later converted to percussion lock. These rifles were made out of marsh iron. That iron has a rather uniqe side. Its not likely to rust.

The rifle I picked up is made between 1740-1770..... So I brought this rifle to the range today. After making some 50 balls as soft as possible. The nipple was so wide that the hammer flew back into full cock when I fired. But it hit the paper at 50m. A few collectors at the range wanted to arrest me for using such a rifle for target shooting. I continued shooting after responding that the rifle is 260 years old and will outlast every one of us.... Really made my day wonderfull. Here are some pictures of an identical rifle that is displayed in a museum.

So there you got a little history lesson from the norwegian armory..... To be continued sooner or later...

That is a beautiful piece of art there Hedning! I would love to come upon such a find! Thank you for the little history lesson. They were true craftsman when making such things once upon a time.

I have to settle for my reproduction .50 cal. percussion cap Great Plains Rifle made by Lyman. I don't know what it's a reproduction of, but it shoots well. I honestly haven't shot it in about 3 years. I've also got a reproduction 1858 Army cap and ball revolver also. That one gets shot every year.

Last edited by btcave; 02-06-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post

Did I mention my birthday is next month. Dang it all, I have to keep wiping drool off my shirt and the keyboard.

THUCYDIDES.

Kinda of a cool thing someone built in their garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNnSqmem3fs

Here is another example of something you dont see every day. I got this from the same guy.

Its a 4 bore rifle. Using conical bullets of the pussy weight of 2000 grs. Powder charge 800 grs.

I havent been able to find a conical mold for it, but Jeff Tanner is going to make a round ball mold for me. Ill try to tape the test shooting.

Holy smokes! That thing is a beast! It's like OG's 10 gauge with rifling!

My 10 gauge don't come close to that and I wouldn't even think about trying to shoot that beast unless it was tied to an anvil to slow down the recoil and there was somebody else's shoulder between that stock and me.

THUCYDIDES.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast