Thread: 1945 victory M&P SV 812, xxx

Thumbs up 1945 victory M&P SV 812, xxx

hi guys ,,here is a picture of my 1945 victory M&P SV 812, xxx ,I replaced the Pachmeyers with a spare set of Magnas. these SV series were the first comerical porduction S&W at the close of WW2 , the vintage revolver still retains over 95 % of its original blue. lockup is tight ,does not appear to ever been in a holster ,

She's a beauty! The vintage ammo is a nice touch.

that she is , cannot wait to try a few rounds at the range , next step to locate a original set of grips . going to be a tough nut to crack , but I am up to the task, stay warm , grumpy

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

Congratulations. According to my Standard Catalog of S&W, 3rd edition the highest recorded SV # at the time it was printed was SV811832 which was on a nickle plated model. Does your still have the hole in the butt for the lanyard or has it been plugged?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

That is a nice looking gun. The wood grips really set it off.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

hi guys , yes , there is a plug in the but you have to look hard , amazing the condition its in after being made in 1945 , goes to show you you it nice to have a gun and not need it rather than need a gun and not have one , grumpy