Thread: What snowmobiles do you have? Anybody have a 2007 or newer Bearcat with 20" track?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

What snowmobiles do you have? Anybody have a 2007 or newer Bearcat with 20" track?

I've got a 2008 Arcticcat Jaguar Z1, 4 stroke 1056cc, I installed a twoup seat kit, stiffer springs.

I'm looking to buy a new 2009 Bearcat 570 XT if I can find one. So far no luck....
    Anybody have one with the 20" widetrack?

My Jag is great but in deep snow sinks right in....

Lets see, 3 million guns, but nobody has a sled on this site?

Not much use for one here in Kansas.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksuguy View Post
    Not much use for one here in Kansas.
    Even less here.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 a-kmanator's Avatar

I just sold mine....a vintage AC.

Sorry I'm a Polaris and Yamaha (the Bravo) man myself. The only thing I know about Arctic Cats is they don't run worth a shit when it starts dropping below 0* F.

I like the design of the Bearcat, but that engine sucks.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

95 Polars XLT for the spousal unit and I ride a 96 Ski-Doo Formula Z

How deep of snow are you talking 1Pat? Is it up by your place? Anything we have around here (coupla miles south of 4 in Zimmtown) both of our sleds handle just fine, including all of the snow we have that is sitting on top of tall field grass and swamp grass, which makes you sink. Granted it takes some extra throttle and sometimes some body english, but I make it thru just fine and then the wifey follows me.

I have an 01 MXZ 800. One of these days I will upgrade to something a little newer. I hate to spend over $3000 on a toy that depreciates a ton.

I am in the market for a nice oldy to take out on our vintage rides. a-kmanator would have been perfect.

I would think with the wide track you should be even better in deap snow.

I have been in 4 foot of poweder with no problem, and I have a short track with not that big of lugs. Just do not stop in that stuff and you are fine.

I also like to go across water though. Nothing like taking it through the swamp in the U.P. where you have about a mile of open water with no bottom to get the adrenaline flowing. If the sign says closed, we usually take that trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    95 Polars XLT for the spousal unit and I ride a 96 Ski-Doo Formula Z

How deep of snow are you talking 1Pat? Is it up by your place? Anything we have around here (coupla miles south of 4 in Zimmtown) both of our sleds handle just fine, including all of the snow we have that is sitting on top of tall field grass and swamp grass, which makes you sink. Granted it takes some extra throttle and sometimes some body english, but I make it thru just fine and then the wifey follows me.
    I've gotten stuck twice, once in my own driveway where the snow had drifted to about 4' deep, Another time in the ditch, going too slow. I'd like another sled that has better flotation.
    my 08 Jaguar Z1 is great on power but man it really sinks in the deep stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 00RedZX-6R View Post
    I have an 01 MXZ 800. One of these days I will upgrade to something a little newer. I hate to spend over $3000 on a toy that depreciates a ton.

I am in the market for a nice oldy to take out on our vintage rides. a-kmanator would have been perfect.

I would think with the wide track you should be even better in deap snow.

I have been in 4 foot of poweder with no problem, and I have a short track with not that big of lugs. Just do not stop in that stuff and you are fine.

I also like to go across water though. Nothing like taking it through the swamp in the U.P. where you have about a mile of open water with no bottom to get the adrenaline flowing. If the sign says closed, we usually take that trail.
    I've seen some of those youtubes with guys running flatout across miles of water! crazy shit..... My luck the engine would die....

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Sorry I'm a Polaris and Yamaha (the Bravo) man myself. The only thing I know about Arctic Cats is they don't run worth a shit when it starts dropping below 0* F.

I like the design of the Bearcat, but that engine sucks.
    What don't you like about it?