Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oly Arms 10mm AR

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    They were told what would happen before they did it and continued on, they took the opinion that they didn't care if cheap steel core ammo was available or not. And I know for a fact they were told before hand because I was one (of many) who contacted them. After the fact their story has gone from screw AK owners, they are an AR company, screw the Chinese, they didn't know, they did know, they don't care.

But that's only half of it, they are a second tier AR maker at best with plenty of QC complaints. I'd be wary of them regardless of the steel core mess from the issues I've seen people have with their weapons. As to whether it would benefit the gun community if they went away I wouldn't go so far to say that but considering the number of AR makers I doubt it would be much of a loss either. My opinion is there are plenty of good gun makers with great reps to worry about those on the 2nd tier with spotty records.
    My sentiments exactly.

They were told what would happen before they did it and continued on, they took the opinion that they didn't care if cheap steel core ammo was available or not. And I know for a fact they were told before hand because I was one (of many) who contacted them. After the fact their story has gone from screw AK owners, they are an AR company, screw the Chinese, they didn't know, they did know, they don't care.

But that's only half of it, they are a second tier AR maker at best with plenty of QC complaints. I'd be wary of them regardless of the steel core mess from the issues I've seen people have with their weapons. As to whether it would benefit the gun community if they went away I wouldn't go so far to say that but considering the number of AR makers I doubt it would be much of a loss either. My opinion is there are plenty of good gun makers with great reps to worry about those on the 2nd tier with spotty records.
    When did all this take place? Obviously I'm not up on it. How does an AK pistol cause steel core ammo to be banned? (I know, that could be a whole other thread). I can understand why that would tick some people off. I guess I'm just a little hesitant in this day an age to complain about any firearms manufacturers. It's like everyone bashing Bushmaster for changing the Masada and not giving it away. I'm thankful that there was a company willing to put forth the capital and take on the liability, not an easy thing to do with an economy in the ditch and every government bureaucrat trying to destroy the 2nd Amendment.

If I get one I'll still post pics and give a range report.

Quote Originally Posted by uncas1 View Post
    When did all this take place? Obviously I'm not up on it. How does an AK pistol cause steel core ammo to be banned? (I know, that could be a whole other thread). I can understand why that would tick some people off. I guess I'm just a little hesitant in this day an age to complain about any firearms manufacturers. It's like everyone bashing Bushmaster for changing the Masada and not giving it away. I'm thankful that there was a company willing to put forth the capital and take on the liability, not an easy thing to do with an economy in the ditch and every government bureaucrat trying to destroy the 2nd Amendment.

If I get one I'll still post pics and give a range report.
    http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIL3.html

IMO that is being very kind to oly arms.
    Last edited by mriddick; 02-13-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Simple answer,you cannot have steel core ammo for a handgun.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Is there Steel Core 5.56????
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes there is but 22 caliber bullets are exempt by law.

What about 7.62N? Pistols like the PTR91 can shoot steel core .308...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I like Oly, I've shot/held/molested plenty of them and find them to be in lone with any of their contemporaries. I prefer DPMS myself, but I wouldn't sneeze at a good deal on an Oly.

As far as a 10mm AR, it's a neat novelty, and if you had a 10mm pistol.. it might make for a good pistol/carbine combo.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uncas1 View Post
    Thats true. I don't see anyone else trying to make AR's for any pistol cal other than 9mm. I'm amazed at how the gun community trashes gun makers. We are our own worst enemy. I'm thankful that there are still companies willing to step out and offer new things.
    http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/...RBINE-c282.htm
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    What about 7.62N? Pistols like the PTR91 can shoot steel core .308...
    Who is making current production steel core 308?

Who is making current production steel core 308?
    Oh, it has to be "commercial" ammunition???
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12