Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So how long will the federal government be "shut down" for?

Quote Originally Posted by matshock View Post
    I had a welfare momma with 8 kids from 6 dads try to recruit me to be number 9 at the office- she only worked the minimum to keep her .gov benefits and was trying to run her usual scam at the work place.
    She is well compensated for the 8 kids; which may be why after she received her first check she had 7 more.

Quote Originally Posted by matshock View Post
    That needs to end. If they don't want to starve they can report to a soup kitchen- that will cut into their shopping time and I'm fine with that.
    It does need to end.

Quote Originally Posted by samiam View Post
    You've obviously confused WIC with something else

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/benefits...allowances.HTM

Why am I reminded of a scene from one of my favorite movies, you've got "Finish the Job" on your helmet and a Palin button on your body armor . . . must be that Jungian thing
    No, He's not. WIC is Very easily and often abused. I kicked a Bass player the fuck out of my band because it disgusted me to no end that my tax dollars bought his speaker rig and his bass. He bragged about it and openly stated it was WIC money that allowed him to buy the gear. Fuck the lazy bastard.
    The only thing people on Gov money are good at, is figuring out how to launder and spend improperly the money that they leach from us. And how to leach more.
    Last edited by Integratedj; 02-21-2011 at 08:28 AM.

The bleeding hearts spend much their time trying to figure a way for the poor to live like the working class, this is a failing idea IMO. I have little problem helping those in need but being poor should hurt enough to make people not want to be poor. The closing of the "projects" and soup kitchens was a mistake, it allows the welfare bums to live amongst those who work and often times just as well. Combine this with the lib's desire to keep punishing workers for working through payroll taxes and it's a perfect storm where people look around and figure out real quick why work, there's no added benefit to the labor.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Except for military spending they can shut the fucker down till hell freezes over. We should have that 15 trillion paid off right about then.

Yup.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    The house needs to keep sending clean spending bills to the Senate so the Senate or the President is obviously to blame. I think the MSM will be gunning for the R's in the house so they might need to go the extra mile not to get the blame for the shut down if it comes.

Even if the MSM female reporter's tits were in the wringer and the male MSM reporter's dicks were in a sausage grinder still the Rethuglicans would be blamed.................even if blaming the Dimocrats would give instant relief. (IMHO)

Wart

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question

Question. If the government shuts down how will that effect businesses with government contracts? Could mean a lot of companies with legitimate contracts won't be getting paid and depending on how long it lasts, neither will their employees. Just saying, not everyone who gets paid by Uncle Sam is an overpaid government employee. Quite a few small business owners could suffer.

If as others have mentioned, the military will stay funded, at least our men and women in uniform won't be doing without.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    She is well compensated for the 8 kids; which may be why after she received her first check she had 7 more.

It does need to end.
    Don't forget if she's targeting guys like me and if she's getting any that she's going after child support too. So she's racking up costs in court time, law enforcement and paycheck garnishment too.

AND grandma was “raising” the kids so expect a fresh crop of children raised in the finest traditions of “Lord of the Flies” to be hitting the bricks in our lifetime.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

The gov't will be shut down...

until obummer can get his union buddies to start violent demonstrations....chris3

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Question. If the government shuts down how will that effect businesses with government contracts? Could mean a lot of companies with legitimate contracts won't be getting paid and depending on how long it lasts, neither will their employees. Just saying, not everyone who gets paid by Uncle Sam is an overpaid government employee. Quite a few small business owners could suffer.

If as others have mentioned, the military will stay funded, at least our men and women in uniform won't be doing without.
    Barry Obama will cause to be laid off workers that cause the most pain and garner (for him) the best press. For example the people who process social security checks.

Don't worry as this is all just a bullshit charade. After a few weeks both dimocrats and rethuglicans will declare victory and get back to the bidness of fleecing the public and getting reelected.

Wart

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Barry Obama will cause to be laid off workers that cause the most pain and garner (for him) the best press. For example the people who process social security checks.

Don't worry as this is all just a bullshit charade. After a few weeks both dimocrats and rethuglicans will declare victory and get back to the bidness of fleecing the public and getting reelected.

Wart
    It's my understanding that SS will not be effected so people processing the checks won't either. Is that not correct?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    It's my understanding that SS will not be effected so people processing the checks won't either. Is that not correct?
    I was just picking something as an example.........have not heard that SS will be exempted but you may well be right.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    I was just picking something as an example.........have not heard that SS will be exempted but you may well be right.

Wart
    Yeah, it will be a horse trade as to what stays open and what doesn't.

SS is a given to stay online, so is federal law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    The bleeding hearts spend much their time trying to figure a way for the poor to live like the working class, this is a failing idea IMO. I have little problem helping those in need but being poor should hurt enough to make people not want to be poor. The closing of the "projects" and soup kitchens was a mistake, it allows the welfare bums to live amongst those who work and often times just as well. Combine this with the lib's desire to keep punishing workers for working through payroll taxes and it's a perfect storm where people look around and figure out real quick why work, there's no added benefit to the labor.

(IMHO) It is not so much the "bleeding farts" want the poor to live like the working class as it is to buy their continued votes.

You are a female, likely your mother (notice I do not mention family) and aunts are on welfare, you drop out of school, have no marketable skills, get pregs and you begin to live the welfare dream life. More kids = more money. The cycle is now ingrained. How does one break free ??

How you gonna vote ?? Sure as heck not for 'Ghost Busters' !! You gonna vote for those who send the check.

In the black community even the chrches have sold out to the left. Who are the leaders in the black community today ?? Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton ?? What a fucking laugh. Worse the black community believes Barry Obama is black !@! Now there's a giggle.

Wart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12