Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how long will the federal government be "shut down" for?

So how long will the federal government be "shut down" for?

The House just pulled the plug on Obama care, Planned Parenthood and "net neutrality"- and I suspect the Senate won't swallow any of those pills.

So, should they keep things on ice until 2012? The Dems are already using a shutdown as a campaign slogan- why not make them own it right through to the next election?

The house needs to keep sending clean spending bills to the Senate so the Senate or the President is obviously to blame. I think the MSM will be gunning for the R's in the house so they might need to go the extra mile not to get the blame for the shut down if it comes.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I say pass the right bills and send them forward and if they choose to block or veto, then let the fucking government shut down. Vital functions (make this read "defense") remain up and running, so what's the loss?

Make the bums show their hand in no uncertain terms and don't give-in.

The American people put the House in the hands of the repubs and tea party candidates for this express reason.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Roadhouse Groupee

I'm all for spending cuts but to cut WIC and risk poor kids not having proper nutrition while increasing defense spending . . . who's deciding this shit? . . Tyrone Bigums??

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I'll be more impressed when they start cleaning up the books. There are thousands, make that hundreds of thousands of laws on the books that should be rescinded and a plethora of programs that seriously need to be done away with.

That will never happen as long as the house and Senate are dominated by the same Republicans and Democrats who wrote those laws and have a vested interest in them.

Bad laws and bad programs aren't the only thing that needs to be swept out of Washington DC.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by samiam View Post
    I'm all for spending cuts but to cut WIC and risk poor kids not having proper nutrition while increasing defense spending
    Shouldn't be any wic in in the first place, next should be all recycling programs grants get the axe!

I remember doing the last government shutdown we also had heavy snow that paralized the DC metro area. I think I was off for almost 3 weeks. I came back to work and they offered me $25K to take early retirement. Two days later I was gone. Never regeted it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I remember doing the last government shutdown we also had heavy snow that paralized the DC metro area. I think I was off for almost 3 weeks. I came back to work and they offered me $25K to take early retirement. Two days later I was gone. Never regeted it a bit.
    I remember someone posted how much money we saved by having the government shut down..

I'm all for spending cuts but to cut WIC and risk poor kids not having proper nutrition while increasing defense spending . . . who's deciding this shit? . . Tyrone Bigums??
    There goes my SSI...If people want WIC they should do stand alone funding anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    I remember someone posted how much money we saved by having the government shut down..

Well everyone got paid.

I know a lot of people who are on WIC and other similar programs. They all have two things in common. Non of them try hard enough at life to deserve a damn thing, and all of them whine about how it is someone else's fault. Fuck WIC and all entitlement programs. Scrap every last one of them as non of them are listed in the Constitution as being a function of Government.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

You think the kids get food or diapers out of WIC? You have a lot of learning to do... no, the 14 year old mother's mother (that's grandma) takes the money and uses it to buy food for the entire family and then take the money saved and buys a car with it.

I've witnessed it - heard it straight from the stupid bitch's mouth myself. She didn't even act like there was anything to be ashamed of.

It's what happens with most of this money.

You really need to check on a few things called "reality"...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    You think the kids get food or diapers out of WIC? You have a lot of learning to do... no, the 14 year old mother's mother (that's grandma) takes the money and uses it to buy food for the entire family and then take the money saved and buys a car with it.

I've witnessed it - heard it straight from the stupid bitch's mouth myself. She didn't even act like there was anything to be ashamed of.

Yep, same argument as "funding planned parenthood doesn't pay for abortions"- the money goes in and abortions are preformed there, that simple.

Add banning the use of EPA funds to regulate CO2 and defunding NPR to the list- can you hear us now Zero?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matshock View Post
    The House just pulled the plug on Obama care, Planned Parenthood and "net neutrality"- and I suspect the Senate won't swallow any of those pills.

So, should they keep things on ice until 2012? The Dems are already using a shutdown as a campaign slogan- why not make them own it right through to the next election?
    Except for military spending they can shut the fucker down till hell freezes over. We should have that 15 trillion paid off right about then.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

The government shutting down is nothing more than a " news rumor" that they drag along and drag along until that last minute then they pass some bill and everything is OK until the next time someone gets hit on the head with an acorn then its back to the sky is falling again, nothing more than an easy news story about " gloom and doom" as usual.
    Move along, nothing to see here until the news runs a heart wrenching story about a horse falling into a mud pit and rescuers need some camera time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Well everyone got paid.
    And the Earth did not stop spinning?

Besides cost a huge amount of money, what has these huge government agencies accomplished?

Did the department of energy create any energy; what has the EPA accomplished? It is time to ask what the heck this bloatware has accomplished for the trillions they've spent over the years of their existence?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Except for military spending they can shut the fucker down till hell freezes over. We should have that 15 trillion paid off right about then.
    That would be the clean bill I was talking about.

Although it means a huge spike in unemployment it is long overdue to assess the value added of government agencies.

If the government was a steak in the grocery store; as it is more fat and grizzle than meat no one would buy it.

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post

You've obviously confused WIC with something else

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/benefits...allowances.HTM

Why am I reminded of a scene from one of my favorite movies, you've got "Finish the Job" on your helmet and a Palin button on your body armor . . . must be that Jungian thing

You've obviously confused WIC with something else

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/benefits...allowances.HTM

Why am I reminded of a scene from one of my favorite movies, you've got "Finish the Job" on your helmet and a Palin button on your body armor . . . must be that Jungian thing
    Money goes in- new cars get bought, what part of that can't you understand? Or are you calling OSOK a liar?

I had a welfare momma with 8 kids from 6 dads try to recruit me to be number 9 at the office- she only worked the minimum to keep her .gov benefits and was trying to run her usual scam at the work place.

That needs to end. If they don't want to starve they can report to a soup kitchen- that will cut into their shopping time and I'm fine with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast