Thread: Feather AT-22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Feather AT-22

Does anyone have any experience with a Feather AT-22? I have a chance to get one. The guy is asking $400 for it and 4-20 rnd. mags, scope, and carry bag. I checked on various gun sites and the going price is anywhere from $375-$475. He's had it a number of years and says he bought it at a gun show when he lived in Arizona. It's a green color (not sure if it's factory painted, or not, but I've never heard of a green one). The mags match the color of the gun. He says the only thing he sees on it that isn't "standard" is that the owner had drilled a hole in the receiver to slide a pin into to keep the bolt from cycling so he could shoot sub-sonic loads in. With the pin, it's single shot; but works semi-auto when the pin is removed.

Before I go and look at it, I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I have read many bad things about all the feather brands,failing extractors,hard to get replacement parts.

I was looking to get a compact pistol caliber carbine that took Glock mags,feather was an option because they make one in .45 ACP and takes Glock 21 mags.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I owned an AT-22 back in the mid-90's. It was a neat little rifle, at least in concept, but the plastic front sight broke. It'd be a simple rifle on which to install some rails.
    I'd have liked to SBR it, but I lived in WA at the time.
    Things to think about (they may have upgraded things, I don't know):
    The mag release is the same plastic as the easy-breaking front sight.
    Magazines are proprietary, and only 20 rounds.
    Accuracy isn't anything to write home about.
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

I had one years ago and had alot of fun with it. As for blinking it was the best. I'm a woman and hung out with my husband and all his friends, My AT and I outshoot alll of them. I sorry to say gave it to my oldest son and he sold it right after the ban went into affect. I want another one!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    First, welcome to the group, ljbain !!!

Feather custom made their rifles, so you could get virtually any color you wanted as long as you were willing to pay for it. I don't have the .22 version, but I do have the 9mm that takes modified Uzi mags and so far it has been a fun rifle. I bought mine as a gift to my daughter a long time ago, and had it built in a Candy Apple Red. Gets a lot of attention at the range!!!!

Again, don't know much about the .22, but our 9mm has been a nice rifle.

Feather Industries is still in business, so I can't see any problem if parts are needed.