Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of Load Bearing Vest do you have?

swampdragon

What kind of Load Bearing Vest do you have?

I have an army issue MOLLE vest like this one:

I decided I wanted a second vest just for playin' around with.
    So I bought an inexpensive one just for casual use.
    The funny part is that when it showed up. I actually ended up liking it even MORE than the US issued vest, and it was stupid cheap too!

It's made by ProTech.
    I've never heard of them before, but the quality of the vest "seems" to be pretty good.
    It even has extra feature that my government model does not.

I ended up switching vests! lol....

I slapped (4) Tactical Taylor AK47 mag pouches on it and haven't looked back.

Now if you REALLY want a good laugh....I actually got the thing from Cheaper Than Dirt of all places.
    I can honestly say, this was a surprise from their normally low quality stuff.

For the cheap price, I was blown away by this thing...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE757-1.html

From what I've been able to find out so far...PROTECH is associated with Safariland Corp somehow.
    Yet this particular vest is not on their website.
    The logo on the vest is identical however.
    Dunno?

http://www.protechtactical.com/t-about_us.aspx
    Last edited by swampdragon; 07-20-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Eagle Industries plate carrier w/ cummerbund. Very nice quality. Though I wish I would have saved to get a CIRAS.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

i believe the correct nomenclature is "fighting load carrier"

http://www.armygear.net/armygear/ima...s/00188_lg.jpg

one like that in desert that i use, plus i just got 2 more in digital just cuz they were dirt cheap, still in the wrap. all milsurp.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    i believe the correct nomenclature is "fighting load carrier"

http://www.armygear.net/armygear/ima...s/00188_lg.jpg

one like that in desert that i use, plus i just got 2 more in digital just cuz they were dirt cheap, still in the wrap. all milsurp.
    For the pics I posted, yes.
    But not everybody has that type of vest.
    Some are Load Bearing Vests too...as in LBV.
    Some have LBE as well.
    Last edited by swampdragon; 07-20-2010 at 01:52 AM.

btw, 2 dbl 30 rnd ar mags lower front right, one more dbl 30 ar pouch rear right. holster for taurus 92 with extra mag pouch, and a pistol mag pouch, lower front left, and 2 more pistol mag pouches rear left. also came with 2 grenade pouches, thinking of putting them up on the chest area and throw some 00 buck in them.

the vest sits next to the tv with the slung 590, the taurus and ar sit next to the couch/bed, so, should the need arise, i could be ready for the zombies in under 1 min. easily.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    For the pics I posted, yes.
    But not everybody has that type of vest.
    Some are Load Bearing Vests too...as in LBV.
    Some have LBE as well.
    i meant for the one i have, that i pictured, before i looked closely at yours and noticed it was the same thing.

swampdragon
    btw, 2 dbl 30 rnd ar mags lower front right, one more dbl 30 ar pouch rear right. holster for taurus 92 with extra mag pouch, and a pistol mag pouch, lower front left, and 2 more pistol mag pouches rear left. also came with 2 grenade pouches, thinking of putting them up on the chest area and throw some 00 buck in them.

the vest sits next to the tv with the slung 590, the taurus and ar sit next to the couch/bed, so, should the need arise, i could be ready for the zombies in under 1 min. easily.
    Yeah...lol.
    I have a bunch more stuff on mine too.
    Pistol, knife, pistol ammo, 1st aid kit...etc...
    I have to defend myself again rabid cattle if the need arises.

swampdragon
    i meant for the one i have, that i pictured, before i looked closely at yours and noticed it was the same thing.
    OH!
    I get it now.
    My mistake.

hmmm, a small first aid kit aint a bad idea to throw on the middel of the back, just in case. ill have to look into that.

I ditched my old "Shihan" rig and am now building up a Molle PC and Molle Vest based on Tactical Tailor's Plate Carrier and MAV harness. I'll be using HSGI Double UMMPs.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I have a 5.11 tactical vest that's a standard khaki color. It's got pockets and pouches hidden all over for anything I might need. I don't even own a pair of camouflage anything.

I'm in Florida, so I'm not going to be humping it in these crazy Florida Bug infested forests. LOL!!!! My camo is more urban in nature. To blend in here, you wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Does my khaki colored fishing vest count?

I have never had one. maybe I might look into these more. But a basic rule i have is to have what I want in a pack and inside the pack. What that means in a vest is that it would need pockets for each item.

I could live with a few items like a knife lashed/patched on so long as the item was secured very well.
    I have lost things off packs and off motorcycles before, and too many times. In time I learned if i wanted a item it had better be inside a pack.

I still find lost things, some expensive, other people lost and would never recover. So another rule is anything lashed on better be expendable. I don't like to carry weight hiking, and so there is very little expendable.

Once hiking in dead winter i was overheating, and lashed my parka on my pack. When I wanted it, breaking tree line it was gone. I stashed my pack and ran to where I lashed it on and it was gone. Not good not good at all.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I use a polish chest rig.AK mags fit better than AR mags,the pouches are a little deep for Ar mags unless I put those ranger plates or magpul rubber loops.There are no attachment points on the rig.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I've got an old (like 10+ years old) OD Blackhawk tactical vest. Has 6 mag pouches that hold any of the magazines I have, other than the 40rd AK mags, and has a couple of utility pouches as well. It works good enough for now. I would like something else, but it's not a priority.

I have a VooDoo tactical OD plate carrier. Has double mag pouches (fits both AK and AR, keep it stocked with both), knife, pistol holster, drop pouch, camelback latched onto back, and medium sized side pouch for carrying stripper clips, cleaning kit, anything. Like this one

http://sap075.channeladvisor.com/pop...rge/198_4_.jpg

For load bearing I use my step-son.

I have a Eagle Industries and I'm not fond of it...It's a husky cause I weigh 235 pounds and it's still real loose on me.
    FBHO

Looks like mine got lost in the recovery...

I have an Arktis Noorloos rig that I modified with some extra stuff. Hold up to 18 mags. Been looking to replace it with the Eagle Rhodesian setup.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Molly II FLC

I recently came out of the stone ages and upgraded from my old LBE to the new Molly II FLC. Here's a pic. This one I died black, I also have another in woodland cammo. Not an exact configuration, but you get the idea. What a difference in comfort compared to my old LBE, it's a HUGE upgrade.

Last edited by Warlord; 07-21-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    "I will never fail my comrades"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast