Thread: Dragunov Style Buttstock

Dragunov Style Buttstock

Hi Folks!

I'm currently building a PSL based Dragunov clone and am having trouble finding a Dragunov Style wooden buttstock. I want the finished product to look as "Dragunov" as possible, but haven't had any luck Googling for a buttstock. Any sources or suggestions? I even thought about crafting one from a nice piece of maple cut from my property, but I don't have a pattern for how it fits to the receiver.

Thanks!

johngault

I have an extra PSL style stock here that I'm not using. If you want one to modify and save you the hassle of configuring the receiver end, I'll sell you this one. Let me know if you are interested.

Not trying to turn this into a for sale thread, just trying to help.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 03-01-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks!

Thanks Scootertrash! Let's see what other source suggestions I get and I'll decide then. I have an AK style stock on it now.

johngault

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDRD.html

Check them out. They may have to custom make it, but it looks like good work. I can't vouch for them, as all I've done to this point is drool

Edit: they stain them if you like a well

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Thomas View Post
    Hi Folks!

I'm currently building a PSL based Dragunov clone and am having trouble finding a Dragunov Style wooden buttstock. I want the finished product to look as "Dragunov" as possible, but haven't had any luck Googling for a buttstock. Any sources or suggestions? I even thought about crafting one from a nice piece of maple cut from my property, but I don't have a pattern for how it fits to the receiver.

Thanks!

johngault
    You can get a SVD style buttstock from Rheinland. This is what I have. I had to sand it to get a real SVD cheek pad to fit and fill all the holes with nail filler. You can really make it look like a true SVD stock. Here is they're website.

http://www.troupsystems.com/svd%20kit.htm

This is a picture of my PSL/SVD clone.