Thread: M1 CARBINE/STANDARD PRODUCT..HELP

M1 CARBINE/STANDARD PRODUCT..HELP

I recently purchased a Garand Harvester, M1 carbine Winchester and what was supposed to be an Inland M1 Carbine all sight unseen. Today I was looking at the "Inland". The serial # was 2,026,xxx. I Then looked under the rear sight and sa an "s" at the beginning. I looked it up and found that it was actually a Standard Prod M1. The rear sight has an "H" in a shield. The Op Slide has an "N" on the inside with no other markings (NPM early?). The bolt has S'-G' on the RIGHT lug with what appears to be either a "3" or a "B" on top of the lug. On the left side of the receiver there is an "F" and possibly a #7. The trigger assembly has Inland on it, However INLAND is inside of a type of shield and it is turned sideways indicating an M-2 receiver. The insignia is turned opposite of what I see in the M1Carbine III by Robinson. The barrel is marked Underwood 8-43 with ord bomb. Front sight is milled but no marking that I can see. Anybody have a clue as to what I may have ? VALUE? In the end it cost me 400 for the rifle..Any help would be great..

Sorry the Inland indicates a M-2 Trigger Group.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

What you have is a typical mix master carbine. Standard products is not overly rare nor is it overly common. Value, way more than 4 bills unless the bore is dark, pitted and or shot out smooth like a sewer pipe. Probably 6 bills more or less in value. I haven't seen a carbine at a gun show under 6 bills in 7 years.