Thread: Obama and statements about the Second Amendment

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Obama and statements about the Second Amendment

The links below are stories about US President Obama meeing with Mexican President Felipe Calderon on March 3, 2011. Obama makes comments concerning the Second Amendment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...24-503544.html

http://www.cnsnews.com/node/82239

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I found that odd that Zero was defending the Second amendment.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

So Bam bam finaly addressed the gun issue?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

The 2A doesn't "allow" per the Mexican reporter or "provide for" per President Obama the right of Americans to keep and bear arms. It "protects" that right. Why can't people, especially the POTUS understand and recognize that simply fact?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

He's singing a different tune from back in the day when he defended the DC ban as constitutional during the Heller lawsuit.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

Now it's all about getting re-elected.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

rshaneck2002

I read an article on i believe yahoo this morning that the ATF was the ones allowing the arms sales to go thru to track weapons going into Mexico and to who in Mexico.Dont suppose that had anything to do with their talk do you? If true,then they blame the local gun shops down on the border states and so far i have found no denial from the ATF anywhere and the story seems to be getting buried somewhat. Presidential decree Maybe? if so Reagan would have loved this one. One things for sure if true Obama knew about it thats for damn sure. What a joke.,tried to bring this up to one of my liberal co-workers today and even after reading the article with there own eyes they denied he knew nothing of it, SURE?

Oh, I'm sure Obama knows whatever that SNAFU the ATF had going was intimately. I doubt he was complicit in it though. I'm thinking he knows it because they have caused him embarrassment. Who wouldn't put their employees under a microscope if they did something that reckless and stupid?

rshaneck2002

Well the article had a pic of some bigshot Mexican cop holding up a Barretts single shot .50 cal sniper rifle,kinda caught my eye quick, said the ATF let it thru on a straw purchase? Who knows for sure?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I heard obama-messiah make those statements about the second amendment, and then the next thing I remember is waking up to some EMT restarting my heart! And it isn't even an election year!!!