Thread: Daylight Saving Time - Spring Forward 03-13-11

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Daylight Saving Time - Spring Forward 03-13-11

Yes, it's that time of the year again. Just a reminder that for most of the USA you will want to set your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed this Saturday night.

Daylight Saving Time is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, and Arizona. The Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, even in Arizona, due to its large size and location in three states.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I wish they'd just leave it either "Daylight Saving Time" all year long, or not have it at all. This shifting time crap sucks.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It was so nice when Indiana went by the sun and not some dumb politician idea of what time it was.

Mitch Daniels, and otherwise very good governor forced Indiana into the time shifting mode stating that those running companies in other states were too stupid to figure out what time it was here when they called. Daniels said that the economy would improve greatly if Indiana went on DST.

Mitch Daniels caused the great crash of the economy, because as soon as Indiana was strong armed into observing clock shifting, the economy crashed. Had Daniels left things alone this country would still be doing great!

Contributor 05/2012

I wish we'd stay on standard time year round.....
    It's just now getting light when we walk the dogs as 0600. Not next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGuy View Post
    I wish we'd stay on standard time year round.....
    It's just now getting light when we walk the dogs as 0600. Not next week.
    I am sleeping soundly at 6:00. I would rather it be light out when I get home from work. I don't care if the kids are at the bus stop in the dark.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Dang it, Steve. Stay away from these predictions........every time ya do, it happens!!!!!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Yes, it's that time of the year again. Just a reminder that for most of the USA you will want to set your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed this Saturday night.

Daylight Saving Time is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, and Arizona. The Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, even in Arizona, due to its large size and location in three states.

Steve
    I didnt know arizona was located in three states. Is it one of the 57 states? LOL

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I think we had daylight savings time when i was in highschool but it didn't last long. I'm a construction worker we start work as soon as it's light enough to see, no matter what time the clock says.