Thread: Fake GI Magazine

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Fake GI Magazine

These came in the brown Poly Kraft paper. See the hole difference and how much higher it is then the factory colt mag. I see some GI 45 mags offered on this site that appear to be fake. Buyer beware http://www.ammoman.com/MAGAZINES.htm

I am sitting in my angry chair!

romak10/63UF
    How much did you pay for them ?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question

I don't get the comparison? You're comparing a factory commercial mag to a supposedly G.I. mag, right?. Are the two supposed to be the same?

I've got the same G.I. mag that I bought 20+ years ago (at least the markings look similar) as well as the original factory blued mag from my 1984 Colt Series 80 GM. I'll see if they are different.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by romak10/63UF View Post
    How much did you pay for them ?
    The links has them as listed as 10 for $99 (delivered)
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I don't get the comparison? You're comparing a factory commercial mag to a supposedly G.I. mag, right?. Are the two supposed to be the same?

I've got the same G.I. mag that I bought 20+ years ago (at least the markings look similar) as well as the original factory blued mag from my 1984 Colt Series 80 GM. I'll see if they are different.

Yes i stand corrected. Who has an Original GI issue Mag that they can post a pic of. I don't so i used a commercial mag. My bad.

Last edited by aliceinchains; 03-25-2011 at 05:06 PM.

I was duped a while ago on 1911 mags. Black mags, said Colt on the bottom and were sold as Colt GI mags. I didnt know then that unless it has the pony (which these didnt) then it isnt really Colt. I thought they were a good deal at 10 bucks a piece...

Until I used them and found that they wouldnt hold the slide back after the last round or even when inserted empty in my Kimber. I was cool with that until they started not ejecting the mag well right, so I pitched em and bought a pair of stainless Springfield Armory mags.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I didn't see where it was said to be a genuine GI magazine but a Korean made Mil spec magazine. If it works as advertised I don't think the shape of the top of the magazine or where the witness holes are placed should make a lick of difference.

I have 4 of them and they all work as well as the original magazines I had plus I bought a pair of some expensive brand name magazines and they also work as intended. I don't see the problem.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.