Thread: Metro Arms - American Classic II

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Metro Arms - American Classic II

I've been thinking about a decent 1911A1 shooter. Anyone have any experience with the Metro Arms American Classic II?

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post

I've been thinking about a decent 1911A1 shooter. Anyone have any experience with the Metro Arms American Classic II?

Steve
    Nice looking pistol but not what I would call a classic.

What is the price? Seems to have all the bells and whistles.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

The posts I've seen about this gun on the various 1911 forums have all been positive. Owners have compared it favorably to Taurus and SA as far as fit and finish. The only issues of note that I saw were in regards to the ACT mag that comes with the gun and those tended to center on FTF when loaded with a full 8rds. Switching to a different make of mag solved that issue. Seems like a good value in it's price range.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

This is the Metro Arms American Classic II (AC45G2). If you can find one the street price is typically under $500 + tax. For me I would add an ambi safety but that's because I'm a lefty. Otherwise it has everything I would want for a shooter. Just curious if anyone else has shot one?

The American Classic II would be comparable to the Citadel 1911 Full Size (CIT45FSP) or the RIA Tactical (1911A1-45FS). Both the Citadel & RIA have ambi safeties but the Novak-style sights are not white dot like on the American Classic. Also, both the Citadel & RIA are Series 70 pistols. I can't tell yet about the American Classic. I've emailed them and asked the question.

Steve

Update - I got the following reply from Eagle Imports, The US distributor for Metro Arms:

Re: American Classic II‏
    11:05 AM
    Reply ▼Reply
    Sent: Thu 3/17/11 11:05 AM
    To: Steven Mace (srmace@msn.com)

It is a series 70 firing system.

Thank you

Quoting Steven Mace <srmace@msn.com>: >> Does the American Classic II use a Series 70 or Series 80 firing > system? I've tried to read as much as I can about it but can't find > this answer.>> Thank you,> Steve Mace
    Last edited by Gunreference1; 03-17-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    After today, it's all historical.