Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA Zastava Pap 7.62x39 Anybody Own One

EAA Zastava Pap 7.62x39 Anybody Own One

I recently purchased this firearm from www.budsgunshop.com, i am curious if anybody owns one or knows anybody who owns one. Or if anybody has customized one of these.
    It is a 10round single stack, i know many will ask why would you buy such a gun. But in reality at $370 including shipping the price point could not be beat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

A double stack WASR for 350.00 is a better buy.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

this may shed a little light on it
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...w-AK-47-Serbia
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Nice rifle.

I'd rather own a Yugo than a Romak. Just saying.

While Cugir of Romania is famous for making a cheap AK that "will get you there", Zastava of Yugoslavia is famous for making the heaviest built comblock rifles you've ever seen.

Kinda considering that PAP actually...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    I'd rather own a Yugo than a Romak. Just saying.

While Cugir of Romania is famous for making a cheap AK that "will get you there", Zastava of Yugoslavia is famous for making the heaviest built comblock rifles you've ever seen.

Kinda considering that PAP actually...
    I forgot this was a RPK receiver.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I forgot this was a RPK receiver.
    I didn't even notice that. A Yugo with a 1.6mm reciver? That's got to be one of the toughest built AKM's you can find!

romak10/63UF
    did some one say ROMAK ?

Quote Originally Posted by romak10/63UF View Post
    did some one say ROMAK ?
    Hey don't get me wrong. A ROMAK does the job. Does it just fine, and is as sturdy a piece as any other AKM. (Damn sturdy.)

But they are different. The ROMAK was made with economy in mind. While the Yugo was made with a nuclear holocaust in mind apparently.

Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeNeely View Post
    I recently purchased this firearm from www.budsgunshop.com, i am curious if anybody owns one or knows anybody who owns one. Or if anybody has customized one of these.
    It is a 10round single stack, i know many will ask why would you buy such a gun. But in reality at $370 including shipping the price point could not be beat.
    Also ive been told that the Wasr-10 single stack magazines will fit i ordered a few and will repost with a answer. Once you can locate them they are 11$ compared to 45$ for the Zastava Mags.

Also ive been told that the Wasr-10 single stack magazines will fit i ordered a few and will repost with a answer. Once you can locate them they are 11$ compared to 45$ for the Zastava Mags.
    So I got my PAP took it to the range Pretty nice gun. Zeroed out of the box, the 3 extra mags i ordered that were Wasr-10 single stack work good, they may need a little tweeking. The first bullet gets caught then none of the others do. My Pap came with 2 factory mags and i bought 3 wasr10 mags i have to say for $369.00 it is an awesome buy for anybody looking to add a 7.62x39mm to their arsenal.

Could be you just need to keep it at 9 instead of 10. I believe th AR's are like that with only 18 in a 20 and others.
    You're up early glad it's working well for you

So I got my PAP took it to the range Pretty nice gun. Zeroed out of the box, the 3 extra mags i ordered that were Wasr-10 single stack work good, they may need a little tweeking. The first bullet gets caught then none of the others do. My Pap came with 2 factory mags and i bought 3 wasr10 mags i have to say for $369.00 it is an awesome buy for anybody looking to add a 7.62x39mm to their arsenal.
    I've just recently ordered one of these guns and it's great! Mine only came with 1 factory mag. Where did you order your wasr mags from?

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Can that be milled out to accept a double stack mag?
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I'd look at doing the convertion to standard AK mags. IIRC, it needs a feed ramp and the compliance parts and the mag well machined (carefully dremel'd out)... After the convertion you would have the next best thing to a preban Yugo.

I have one

Picked it up from a friend at work. $500 w/750 rounds of 7.62.

Decided to change it up a bit:

I installed a set of Ironwood furniture and had the mag well machined out. I installed a Tapco FCG for 922r compliance. It is way better made than the WASR I handled.
    Last edited by Highpower; 10-15-2011 at 12:45 PM.

zastava pap

how easy is it to machine out the magwell to accept double stacked magazines for the pap? i just recently purchased one and the only drawback is that it only accepts single stacked magazines. just curious if anyone knows how easy it is to do and what i would need to do it... i live in oregon btw so i dont think sec. 922r applies but im not sure on the laws i need to double check it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcasey89 View Post
    just curious if anyone knows how easy it is to do and what i would need to do it...
    There's a little more to it on those. I haven't done it myself but here's a couple of threads to get you going.

Around post #8 here:
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...ack-on-wasr_10

And from one that turned out really well referenced in the above thread:
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...king-on-my-PAP

i will be doing this conversion soon, probably make a diy

Hey Highpower.Thanks for the info on your build. I wish you had posted this about 4 months ago. I started converting my Zastava, and got the mag well cut out. I couldn't get the double mag to feed. I asked several "Experts" and they said I must have done something wrong. My Zastava still functioned just fine with the singles, so my conversion stalled. Motorcycle season didn't help.
    The weather is getting cooler so it was time to re-start. I had a hunch that my bolt needed changed, and called Apex last week to check the width of the pick-up on the bolt. My ah-ha moment! Then, I see this thread. You need to keep this thread going so that others in my former position can benefit from your experience.
    OK here it comes! ATTA BOY!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast