Thread: Old Eotech 511... What's it worth?

Old Eotech 511... What's it worth?

I have a very old Eotech 511. How old? Not really sure but maybe 8 to 10 years. Had it so long I don't know where all the paperwork, box, etc. are. It has the old round bubble/blister buttons instead of the rubber square ones like the ones now. Wear on the edges but, all in all, works great. Looking to move to an Aimpoint 'cause I just like the look of them better. So... what's the 511 like this going for these days? I can't find them used online. And... BTW... it is a real Eotech. Not the EoFakes that have been sold recently.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

???
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Got a pic?

Not at the moment. I took my camera to work and forgot it. Will be Monday before I can get it. If I get a chance... I'll slip by there and snag it today but it is unlikely. I need to get pics anyway as I am going to sell it ASAP. Offer it here first then on to e-bay.
    Skäl

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Look on the bottom and look at which "revision" model it is... That will give us a better indication of what the worth is. I'm still using a Revision C model, with the blister buttons. LOVE IT! EOTech did send me a new hood however, since the anodizing on the old 511 was turning purple. So, it says Rev F on the side... LOL!

I will probably get one of the tiny EOTech XPS's when I do another AR build, however. Looks be darned, I can shoot multiple targets extremely fast with the EOTech's reticle. So, function is more important to me than looks...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have to go by work and get the EoTech as well. Realized I forgot to bring it home too.

As for the "look"... I do like the look of the Aimpoint better but I also like the function better as well. Just works better "for me". Never could get used to the EoTech and I have used it for years.
    Skäl

OK... finally remembered to bring this home. Manufactured in 2002... I've had this a long time. Some wear on the edges of the hood and light scratched but the glass is great. Shows all these years of use but it still works....

Skäl

Quote Originally Posted by Zoff12 View Post
    OK... finally remembered to bring this home. Manufactured in 2002... I've had this a long time. Some wear on the edges of the hood and light scratched but the glass is great. Shows all these years of use but it still works....

I would say its probably around $250 ...

That's kinda what I was thinking. Might hit e-bay with it and see if I can move it outta here to get something else.
    Skäl