Thread: What is it?

What is it?

What are the things in this pic? I am asking about the cylindrical object with the wire wrapped around it and the black metal object to its left.

thanks

bob

A broken shell extractor and cleaning kit

I an pretty sure the silver object with the wires is a remote battery pack for the scope. The cleaning kit is the black cylindrical object (with the wrench end) to the right of the remote battery pack.

bob

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob r View Post
    I an pretty sure the silver object with the wires is a remote battery pack for the scope. The cleaning kit is the black cylindrical object (with the wrench end) to the right of the remote battery pack.

bob
    That is what it appears to be.Same finish as the scope.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

What they are

The wire wraped item is as stated. It is for cold weather operation, you simply put the batteries in it and the battery compartment cover on the can and the can end with the wire goes to the scope. The four little gold dudes are led's for the scope illuminator. The tube with the square notch is the cleaning kit, and gas valve adjuster however if you have a Tiger this is of no use to you. I beleive it has other uses also as my SVD uses the rim of the cartridge to adjust the gas valve. As for the other item, It does not look like the broken shell extractor that came with my SVD. There may be more than one kind.

the cold weather battery thing goes into your pocket to keep the batteries warm while still connected to scope via cord. the 4 bulbs or led's are in the cassette that also has the rubber switch covers and amber scope lens on other side.
    Norris/Nugent 2012
    We'll kick their ass. Then shoot 'em.

I was just scratching it!