Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Correction Olympic Arms AR-15 used for $540

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Got a nice update for once. Been emailing the guys at Stag and got the following info from them. They've quoted me:

Lower Receiver - http://www.stagarms.com/product_info...roducts_id=235 = $300.00

Norgon Ambi-catch for $80.00

Ambi Safety/Selector for $25.00

With shipping totaling $12.00

So from the looks of it it will be roughly $417 out the door for the lower. And they showed me a list of dealers that are already on their list and there's two in my area so I'll be calling them tonight.

It's about $100 more for the lower than what I wanted but I'm in the sticky situation of having just discovered I'm left eye dominant. And the "eye retraining" that I have been trying is not working. So with everything "feeling right" as far as optics go, with being lefty I'm thinking the muscle training will yield the best results. For now I'll plan on getting a plane jane upper (right handed) and deal with the shell eject or just get a brass catch for the rifle.

That having been said and with that hurtle crossed, it looks like my original idea for a Del-Ton kit would be irrelevant as the lower parts kit and stock are already included in this lower unit from stag. So is there another kit that you guys would recommend given the layout? On Del-Ton's website the only thing I'm seeing is the component upper parts. Is there a kit for the upper that I'm just missing?

Thanks again for all the help.

-Dan

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=732739&light=

That having been said and with that hurtle crossed, it looks like my original idea for a Del-Ton kit would be irrelevant as the lower parts kit and stock are already included in this lower unit from stag. So is there another kit that you guys would recommend given the layout? On Del-Ton's website the only thing I'm seeing is the component upper parts. Is there a kit for the upper that I'm just missing?

-Dan
    If you look on the navigation area on the left when browsing the Del-Ton website, move your cursor over "barrel assemblies". That is where it lists their complete uppers. "Custom Barrel Assemblies" is the section that allows you to customize your accessories.

Well had an interesting weekend. Stopped by the pawn shop that I had had trouble with earlier and the owner was very appologetic to me about the call I had with the lady earlier and informed me that because of similar issues he let her go. He did say that they had a bushy for around $600 as he stated earlier and it looked great, with one exception. It was a polymer based frame. So I was a little bummed about that. But what he showed me next was a DPMS 16" that fit like a glove. It even had the mag release button on the right hand side of the frame so it was easy to work with being a lefty. The only thing it was missing was the rear rail and it had a welded front steel sight on the barrel. The guy was asking $690 for it. So is that a good deal for a new DPMS? And are they fairly well put together? If it is, this may be my first AR purchase.

-Dan

P.S. what do you guys usually do when you get an AR with just a rear rail but then a barrel with a front fixed sight "triangle" on it?

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

P.S. what do you guys usually do when you get an AR with just a rear rail but then a barrel with a front fixed sight "triangle" on it?
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ght&groupid=48

It would look something like this when mounted...

The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some will disparage DPMS. I have one and it is a great rifle. For the rear sight I'd recommend an ARMS #40-L. A cheaper alternative is the Magpul.

http://www.botachtactical.com/ar4fluplowre.html

http://www.botachtactical.com/magembfrbasi.html
    Face your fear, accept your war.

The Matech is a good sight, too. Can be had for 35 bucks on ebay.

Ash If you want you can take the front site off and replace it with a railed gas block.. cost about 30 bucks
    The rear sight you have so many choices out there it would make your head spin.
    the one ready is showing is really a nice rear sight for the money
    I have 2 myself and love them..

Thats the nice thing about the AR platform . you can build it to what you want or what roal you want it to play..

As far as a base price on the DPMS that seems to be fair..
    I think there a nice rifle and have had a couple in the past with no problems.
    "God didn't make all men equal -- Colonel Colt did."

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

You could always go here and ask.
    http://www.oa2.org/Forum/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I owned an olympic folder and i wish i never sold it.. here is a pick of it

Last edited by Klawndyke; 04-25-2011 at 12:47 PM.

That's pretty cool, I've never seen one of those before.

i would own another one if i could find one again
    Its kool being able to take an AR platform and ad a folder to it
    Last edited by Klawndyke; 04-26-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

There was one of these for sale local recently. The price was over a grand.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Well I took the plunge

Well I took the plunge and ended up getting a bushy from the pawn shop. This one was metal frame unit and I walked out of there paying $750 for it, a mag and a case. It's an XM15-E2S. It was used, but to look at it you couldn't tell. There was little if any wear on it. Took it out today and ran 40 rounds through it and got it hitting the black so I'm stoked.

And then I got home..... Yeah discovered that my universal cleaning kit isn't quite universal when I got the rod/patch stuck down the barrel ;-(. Took about an hour to get it loose. From the looks of it no damage done except to my balls that took the brunt of the force when things finally gave way.

So now I'm looking for any suggestions as to if the AR requires a special cleaning kit that I haven't heard of and what place has the best/cheapest non-corrosive ammo.

Real stoked, and thanks for all the help.

-Ash

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ash; 04-26-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Nice looking AR!
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Well I took the plunge and ended up getting a bushy from the pawn shop. This one was metal frame unit and I walked out of there paying $750 for it, a mag and a case. It's an XM15-E2S. It was used, but to look at it you couldn't tell. There was little if any wear on it. Took it out today and ran 40 rounds through it and got it hitting the black so I'm stoked.

And then I got home..... Yeah discovered that my universal cleaning kit isn't quite universal when I got the rod/patch stuck down the barrel ;-(. Took about an hour to get it loose. From the looks of it no damage done except to my balls that took the brunt of the force when things finally gave way.

So now I'm looking for any suggestions as to if the AR requires a special cleaning kit that I haven't heard of and what place has the best/cheapest non-corrosive ammo.

Real stoked, and thanks for all the help.

-Ash
    I have the same rifle. Congrats!!!!
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Nice very nice and not a bad price...

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Hey recon, thanks for the cleaning kit link. I have been looking for a complete butt-stock kit for a long time.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Nice rifle!!! Just remember, if you want to replace that Izzy muzzle device with another, you'll need to have a gunsmith do it!

You have 14.5" barrel (just like real-deal M4s), so the Izzy is "blind pinned" in place by Bushmaster. A gunsmith will need to remove that blind pin, replace the device with another that is at least 1.5" in length (Vortex, etc.), and then have that one blind pinned or welded in place...

But, I like the look of the Izzy, so I'd leave it be.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks guys for all the help. Got a customizing question for ya though. I'm thinking about taking the front handguard off and replacing it with a vertical grip. Here's what I'm planning on ordering.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ack&groupid=52

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ack&groupid=52

and

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...rip&groupid=51

Will this work with my new bushy? And the fact that it says piston ready does that mean it will only work with a piston or will I still be good to go with what I got? Then if that's a go, what's the best way to take the front grip off? Do I need a special wrench?

Thanks.

-Dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast