Thread: Correction Olympic Arms AR-15 used for $540

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Correction Olympic Arms AR-15 used for $540

Is this a good deal? Is there anything I need to be concerned with about the Olympic arms version? The pawn shop said that "it might not be compatible with things for like the folding stock and stuff"

Anything in particular I should look for when buying a used AR?

cross post Olympic Arms AR-15 used for $540

Forgive the cross post but I figured I'd see if you guys had any suggestions for me on this as well. Turns out the bushy is actually an Olympic Arms AR15.

Is this a good deal? Is there anything I need to be concerned with about the Olympic arms version? The pawn shop said that "it might not be compatible with things for like the folding stock and stuff"

Anything in particular I should look for when buying a used AR?

Thanks.

-Ash

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

ARs cannot have folding stocks by design. They can have collapsibles, however. Also, Olympic Arms have a bad reputation from their past rifles, but haven't heard too much about those from the last 5 years or so. I'd offer $500 if you want to try it out...

You can build a brand new AR, with all new parts not made by Olympic, for not much more than that...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Many will warn against that particular manufacturer. I personally have never handled one. For just a few hundred dollars more you could have a new Del Ton or DPMS.

Here is a great deal:
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...fle&groupid=11
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Olympic Arms is poo !

You can find one here ....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sea...d=700&Items=50

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I merged the two threads...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    I merged the two threads...
    Thanks all. Well, when I called back to ask if I could talk with the guy at the pawn shop that told me about the "$600 bushmaster" he had a couple weeks ago. I got a really snotty lady who ended her conversation with "well I could go through all the rifles we have and list the parts they have...". So I basically told her to shove it.

Now I'm kicking around the ideas that you all have provided me with. I've got some tinkering abilities and am wondering what all I need to be focusing on when building my own rifle? I've been sorting through the forums here and at ar15.com trying to figure out what I'm looking for. To be honest I'm hoping to have a budget of around $700 give or take and would like a solid rifle/carbine with a rail system on the front handguard. As for sights I'd like to just get the basics for now with the option to upgrade down the road.

And from what I gathered an AR is simply the following assembled.

1. Upper receiver (sometimes comes with barrel)
    2. lower receiver
    3. Sights (some receivers have raised sight rail built into upper receiver which I don't want)
    4. Bolt (which seems to come with most of the upper receiver kits from what I can tell)
    5. Magazines which are fairly common.

Am I missing anything? Also are there any combos of the above that should be avoided? Compatibility issues etc? I work on computers for a living so I'm pulling from that experience on this.

Well that's enough of a post for now. Thanks for listening and for your info.

-Dan

Ok did some looking and am I correct that this is all I need to get going minus the mags?

http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt104.htm

and this

http://www.stagarms.com/product_info...roducts_id=230