Thread: Anyone have an older Gen 1 or 2 Glock with the 90 degree breach face?

Anyone have an older Gen 1 or 2 Glock with the 90 degree breach face?

I found a Gen 2 G19 in the gun store today that was born in Austria in '89. Doesn't look like any of the internals have been upgraded and it has the old 90 degree breach face and extractor. I love the old frames without the finger grooves and this one is really cool because it has all the Austrian proof marks on it. Looks in great condition and I got it for a good price.

Any of you guys have an early production Glock? Have any extraction problems or anything?

I have an early Gen1 Glock 17, I've not noticed any issues. This one has all the Austrian proofs on it as well.

Did you upgrade the internals at all?

I had a G19 Gen 2 from 89 I picked up and just got it back from Glock 2 weeks ago.
    The replaced everything BUT the barrel and slide.
    Frame was upgraded to a Gen 3 and all internals on slide were replaced.

IF you buy it , call glock and give them your Ser # they will tell you if it needs safety upgrades.

Only problem I had was the gun started locking up 1/8" out of battery and took a beating to open up.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

What was the turn around time?

I want to keep my receiver, that's part of the reason i bought it, I like the smooth grip. I wonder if they'll just send me the parts to do it myself so I don't have to pay the 50 bucks to ship it.

50 bucks to ship... ouch.
    only cost me $15

NO they will only send you a recoil spring, rest of the parts they have to install.
    More than likely they will replace the entire frame to save time/man power.
    I like the original look/feel as well BUT, if that's what it takes to have a safer gun I'm all for it.

Turn around time was I'd say 4 weeks.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Yup, FedEx + overnight + insurance = ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Did you upgrade the internals at all?
    Nothing has been upgraded, although this thread has me thinking maybe I ought to.

Glock does it for free you just have to ship the gun to them. I would just specify that you want to keep your Gen. 2 frame unless they find something structurally wrong with it otherwise I think they upgrade just about everything to current spec.

I have a gen 2 17L. I HAVE to have the ones without finger grooves, or I'd have to take a belt sander to the grip to fix it! The second finger groove on newer frames lands right in the middle of my finger. I guess I have fat fingers, lol. It would be cool to have a Glock with the Austrian proof marks though

Mine is an original Gen 1 with the Austrian proofs, it's hardly unfired but in good shape (98% bluing, frame is probably 95%), the 3 digit serial number is a plus. Since I got my G19 I really don't take it out like I once did and have promised it to my son. I wonder if as a collectable if it will be worth more in original shape, or since I plan on passing it on if it would be better to "fix" it.

I'm of the mindset to be a collectable it should be unfired but I wonder if in this case that would hold...

The original internals will add collector value to it. Mine also has the original black internals which I am going to keep so I can reinstall them if I want. If you send it to Glock, they'll keep the original parts.

I think it'll just go back in the tupperware box and in the son's safe with a note. I guess there's nothing dangerous with it, just a reliability issue?

The original internals will add collector value to it. Mine also has the original black internals which I am going to keep so I can reinstall them if I want. If you send it to Glock, they'll keep the original parts.

IF you remove any factory parts You're SOL and will have to pay for everything.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I think it'll just go back in the tupperware box and in the son's safe with a note. I guess there's nothing dangerous with it, just a reliability issue?
    It was a 'safety upgrade' because it failed the DEA's drop test. Apparently the DEA throws their weapons like frisbees as part of their testing and the old glocks would fire and the slide would pop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    IF you remove any factory parts You're SOL and will have to pay for everything.
    No, I called them and because I'm a Glock armorer, they can send the parts directly to me instead of having to ship it to them.

romak10/63UF
    2nd Gen Glock 21 had internal metal problems ... I have a 3rd gen glock 21 sf upgraded the mag catch / slide release upgraded EFK duel action recoil spring witch reduces felt recoil by 30 % or more it really does work an is worth the 75 bucks for this spring.

No, I called them and because I'm a Glock armorer, they can send the parts directly to me instead of having to ship it to them.

nice, that should make things easier for you.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!