Thread: Star Model B(S)

Star Model B(S)

I've had a hankerin' for a 1911-style in 9MM since fondling the Colt they had in the gunshop where I worked back in the day. Given what those went for then and especially now, I had put it out of my mind. There are some nice Star-B's on the market now but too steep for me.

About month ago I found a well-used one with spotty finish, 2 mags and an older Blackhawk drop leg for 180. I removed the mag safety right-off (don't like those things). Discovered later the F/P was broken and couldn't find the right one at GPC, which is the only source I can find with stock on-hand

My good friend took my #1 phillips, cut it and file-turned the shaft into a new F/P in about an hour. It shoots well with no jams, so I'm pretty happy.

Lots of history behind these being used in foreign countries, especially the story of the South African armored patrol where one was used ijn a pinch to dispatch a passel of Kuban Kommie insurrectos. The guy won his country's highest military medal for doing it too.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Exclamation

Interesting. But where are the photos!?

I'll see what I can do.

We need pics, please.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL