Thread: Which MAC is the better gun?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Which MAC is the better gun?

Dealer in WV has NIB Mac's as follows and was wondering which might be the better deal/gun?

NIB Ingram M10/9 $3500 (TX MAC's assembled by SWD and Tig welded)
    NIB Cobray M11/9 $4000
    NIB Jersey Arms Works M10/45 Commando $3500 (uses grease gun mags)

I've been wanting a 9x19 MAC for a while now and would like something I can add a LAGE upper to as well as this .22 upper

http://www.tacticalinc.com/am15-uppe...6_568_580.html

http://www.tacticalinc.com/am15-22lr...nt-p-1439.html

After reading the FAQ on the .22 upper it appears they are designed for the Cobray M11/9 but I'd still like to hear from anyone who cares to post their opinions/experience with any of the MAC models I've listed. From what little I've read the guns that run on grease gun mags sound pretty good and I know some either take or can be modified to take Sten mags which are still pretty cheap and available.
    TIA
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-27-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Having shot them all, including the .380 M12 (original M11), I personally prefer the M11/9 from Cobray... I think the stock is better, the gun is smaller, and it just feels more controllable to me...

Plus, there are now all kinds of ways to upgrade the M11/9 into a completely different beast!!!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks for the response. Do most MAC, Cobray included take a proprietary magazine? If so are they hard to find and or expensive? How hard is a mag conversion to Sten or GG mags? Also do they need to be registered in each caliber or is a conversion with something like a .22 upper OK no matter what caliber the firearm is?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Richard, you can find slightly used M/11's for under 3k. I have zytles (sp?) mags. But I think that recon ordinance makes metal mags. Check Uzi talk on the Mac section. Lots of good informatin over there.

Check with Paul at Blankenship Custom Firearms:

http://bcfllc.com/

He's got something like 100 NIB SWD M11's made by Wayne Daniels...

They're sweet, I used to own one.

I don't know how he got them, but ALL of them are new in the box and sequentially numbered...