Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Toast with COFFEE!

OG you got me there! It invokes and image of a party.

Hows your voice today Hedning? I hope they made you an opera star, that would be awesome.

Everyone have a Fabulous Day!

It feels a lot better, but my jaws are still painfull. The voice is weak. Hopefully its just because its too soon to tell what its going to be like.

Got to and make some 45-70 rounds. BPCR competition tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everybody
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Hedning, may all your shots be true and may all the misses belong to me. I'm not shooting any competition this weekend but I am going to try and dodge the rain and shoot my new to me Uberti Walker black powder gun.

Don't mess up and work your voice to early. You aren't supposed to know if its weak yet. Whatsa matter you.

Kathy it's party party party all the time here in the woods, it never stops...well it slows down when they adjust my medication but it slowly builds back up to party party party again.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

You are right OG. I shouldn't get depressed before the healing is done. Actually, when I woke up this morning I had a Johnny Cash moment. Lasted for only a few minutes, but it was there. My throat is itching like hell. I think that is a good sign. Not that much of a pain anymore, just my tongue still being paralyzed. Weird feeling.

The competition went very well and very bad. I won, broke even with the Norwegian record in the Remington Original class. I used a Highwall. The very bad part was that they judged 3 shots to nines. Half the bullet have to cross the score lines. Only thousands of an inch from 3 more points and a new record. Faaaan...

I won, broke even with the Norwegian record in the Remington Original class.

There, you have your minute of sympathy. Good shooting especially for somebody recovering from surgery.

You gonna shoot my butt off and you won't feel a bit guilty, I can tell.

How is the campaign going Kathy? Any local interest for your guy or are you still trying to just get his name out there to get people to think about him. Just between you me and the lamp post the old gal should have retired about 8 years ago but then I admit to being a little biased. You deserve better than that and so does the rest of the country.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Thanks OG, but I didnt tell you what I think of the current record. Its not that good imo. We are using old old firearms I know, but its still doable to shoot way better. The reason why its so hard to beat the record is that you have 13 shots, 10 that counts. And those old timers never shoots exactly the same place from day to day. So you need sight adjustment at every competition. Maybe during the 13 shots too. And those sights aint so easy to adjust. I usually adjust the point of aim, but sometimes its hard to find the right spot. Ill use the 1884 Springfield Trapdoor next time. Way better sights.

So you have bought yourself a new blackpowder firearm yourself huh? Way to go. Good thinking even for a man full of swedish blood. Must be your Norwegian part of the brain. I bet you can feel that your Norwegian brain department do a lot more thinking than your Swedish part, even though they are outnumbered. Dont feel special if you do, its been like that for hundreds of years.

I wish you luck Kathy. I wish I had some of your energy..

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Deer season start Saturday. I'm not sure how much walking and busting brush my body is up for. Still not as strong as I should be. Just take it slow I guess.

Good shooting Hedning.

It's been a few years since I dusted off my black powder rifle and shot it.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    How is the campaign going Kathy? Any local interest for your guy or are you still trying to just get his name out there to get people to think about him. Just between you me and the lamp post the old gal should have retired about 8 years ago but then I admit to being a little biased. You deserve better than that and so does the rest of the country.
    Im glad your having a party party party....

Most in public office who have been there too long must go on to some other career....
    Last edited by kathy; 09-30-2011 at 07:17 AM.

I hope you had a good start at the deer season BT. What kind of rifle do you use?

Its just 5 days until the moose hunt starts over here. That means a week of outdoor living for me. No cell phone, no electricity, no women, no nothing. Just a hut in the woods like it has been for 150 years. That is vacation to me. Ill go zeroing the 375 H&H tomorrow, and shoot some with my old Kammerlader. The Kammerlader is a Norwegian army rifle issued between 1849 and 1860.

Earlier I said that Norway didnt have anything that could remind you of an Indian summer. Well, I was wrong. The last few days have been hot. Low 70`s, but still. Fresh winds coming in from I dont know where. The weather guys calls it an Indian summer, so I just have to say thank you. I dont mind being wrong as long as it makes me warm. Hope it last for a couple weeks.

60* here today.

I use a Model 99F in .300 Savage. I also will take out a custom built 6.8 SPC AR15 when I feel the need. Both are very light and quick. Blacktail deer don't give much opportunity to shoot before they're gone. The vegetation is very thick in the coastal mountains I hunt.

6.8 SPC.. thats the round I wish our army picked when they ditched the old 7.62x51. I hope your hunting goes well and remember to give us a full update when the time comes.

Moose hunt starts in just two days. My "moose team" will go into the bush on friday. First hunting day for us is saturday. But then we will stay out there for 10 days. No phones, no modern crap at all. Fuel for modern man. Hopefully the weather makes it a pleasent stay. But if the raingod is out there he will not be able to ruin the joy of it anyway.

I checked my calendar and it says no rain, lots of mooses and pretty girls who lost their clothes. You will have to shoot lots of the mooses in order to make clothes for all the girls. What a story that would be to tell Mona.................or maybe not.

Finally had a nice day and a feel good day happen at the same time and I went out back and did some 100 yard 22 caliber shooting. I have a Dukes mixture of ammo and I'm comparing it to decide which ones to shoot up and which ones to stock up on. So far Federal Gold Match is leading the pack.

THUCYDIDES.

Good to hear that you get some nice range time Old Grump. I wish I could be there and try that Walker you just bought. I just have to wait for a while. Work, time and money kind of rules my life right now. But Ill get there again.

I can tell you one thing for sure, there is very few naked girls to see in that forrest. BUT my dad did have a rather funny encounter a few years back. He was out there, in the middle of nowhere, during the moose hunt. After several hours of walking in the bush behind the moose dog he stepped on one of the gravel roads that goes through the area we hunt. He made a right turn. Walks a few steps and then he lets loose one of the biggest farts mankind have heard west of the Russian border. And when he turns arround he sees a lady with big eyes...... I laughed my ass of when he told me that story. That lady was not supposed to be there. She was so lost she didnt know where her feet was. She probably went out to pick blueberries or something. Imagine how funny it would be to have that on tape.

Back to that Walker. Have you slugged the bore? Have you? Have you? I bet you can use .460 balls. You might have to rape the loading lever, but it will be worth it. What kind of powder are you going to use? If you tell me you are about to use smokeless or Pyrodex Illl send someone to steal that iron from yah. There is only one kind of gunpowder for those, and its black. Dont listen to the sweed in you now.

You ain't getting my Walker, you have no idea how long I have been wanting one and then it just sort of fell into my lap. This Bohunk is getting .454 balls and doing it right and the only thing that goes in my BP revolvers is Goex FFFg. You want to shoot it you will just have to find your way here. I intend to shoot it year round so whenever you get here it will be ready for action. I'll even let you clean it after I shoot it...er I mean after you shoot it.... after we shoot it.

Had a similar situation with my step father when he was a lot younger in Miami, he had to tear one loose before it blew him up like a blimp and it was a champion. Then he turns around after hearing a gasp and a giggle. A nice looking woman with a little girl about 6 or 7 were standing there and the woman was looking kind of shocked. He asked her if she saw which way that moose went because he had to catch it. The woman couldn't say anything but the girl laughed, pointed off towards the park and said I think it went that way. Sometimes it just ain't safe to walk behind us old codgers, you never know what's going to escape from us, or when.

At work one of my buddies let one loose on the elevator and this young heavy set gal turns around and glares at us. I tried to be helpful by pointing at my buddy and he grin and shrug his shoulders. "I NEVER!" she says. "Sure you have." he says "But I bet all of them weren't as weak and wimpy as that one was but I'm working on it."

When we got back to the shop our plant engineer was there waiting for us and he was supposed to chew us out for not being gentlemen but he couldn't stop laughing. Apparently our little gal didn't have much of a sense of humor. She should have been grateful, I have been in small places with him working on a piece of machinery and no place to escape to. His silent but deadly ones weren't so innocent. We called those "Intensive gas."

THUCYDIDES.

Just laughed so bad I think I wet myself.... Your step father sounded like a man with an answer to everything. And elevator gas is allways funny. Children humor I know, but still just as funny.

Glad to hear that you use real black. 454 balls huh.... if they shoot accurate, ok. I guess you get a stout blam and recoil if you fill the chambers all the way.

Yeah step father was a pain in the caboose more often than not but he came up with some good ones and he was never at a loss for words. Half the time I come away from something like that and don't think of the good ad lib or come back till half a day later.

THUCYDIDES.

18 hours and Im at a totaly different place. Not that far away, but its like going back 100 years. Its like X-mas when I was a kid. Got a little worried earlier today when I could not find my Rem 375 H&H. It was gone..... Somehow it must have been stolen by gnomes who took it to my parents house and hid it under a pile of antique firearms. I have no other explanation. I have placed several rat traps outside my house to prevent it from happen again.

OG, have you tested the Walker yet? I could send you some conicals to try if you want. They shoot like crap in my Rem 58, but you never know.

Not yet, I haven't gotten to the toy store to get the right balls and I don't want to shoot oversize balls, I could make the .457 balls work but I want to stay with what the gun asks for and not have to got to all the work of crunching an oversize ball into the chamber.

Had another good day at the 100 yard line just shooting 22 LR, still going through my inventory to see what shoots best in this gun. Cleaned the gun thoroughly yesterday and I will have to do some plinking tonight to foul it before I start testing again. The waxed lead bullets shoot great but foul up my chamber and then won't eject.

THUCYDIDES.

No deer yet, but I got a flat tire in the middle of the back woods. I have a magnetic personality. I attract nails better than any magnet ever could.

I broke in my new boots and I have to give these cold/wet weather boots the big thumbs up so far. Late November elk season will be the true test though. Think... 35 degrees with the rain coming at you sideways mixed with sleet. If it's snow, the snow in the Pacific Northwest is typically a wet snow. I can't wait.

I used the warm weather version of these boots in the desert. They were the most comfortable boot I ever owned, so I thought I'd try the winter version.

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Rocky-Wint...P8061C228.aspx

Last edited by btcave; 10-09-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Im glad I re read through I thought you guys were fighting over using a walker walker... like with handles so you could stand up. That wasnt a good image in my head.

BTcave sorry you had a flat tire, mine are so bald I pray every time I hit a pothole.

The campaign is rolling along, Wayne is VERY POPULAR every we have gone. I can wait to get a video up on the Website!

Below are links to him on the Fox News Radio, Brian Kilmeade show and the Website I created all by myself. If you know anyone who would like to see Rosa DeLauro out of congress send them the links. We ARE going to WIN!!!

http://waynewinsleyforcongress.com/

http://ak.podcast.foxnewsradio.com/t...2-COMPLETE.mp3

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast