Thread: Quick vid of bush short bow shooting.

Quick vid of bush short bow shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKp3-FqBOm8

Just finished this bow a few days ago, its Osage Orange, 46'' long and draws 45+ lbs at 26". Leather wraped handle and leather shelf. Wraped in electrical tape. The arrow in the vid was pretty heavy, and had duct tape feathers shaped old english style. Arrows with rounded fletchings seem to do better with this bow.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

nice bow, but im curious...

you went through all the time to make the bow, carving the stave and tillering and finishing, but you use duct tape fletching. compared to tillering a blank stave, cutting feathers for fletching is simple. why the duct tape?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

It's a survival bow and arrow set!

I'm more wonding about shooting off of the balcony in an apartment complex - wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors didn't flip out
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I've got loads of duct tape, and its cheaper than feathers bought at a store. I'd like to shoot a goose or duck for some feathers but dont want to get caught for poaching. The electrical tape on the bow itself is holding the leather wrapped handle and shelf in place.

Nobody here has flipped out yet, most of the time Im practicing in the woods. A few guys around here are interested in buying a bow and arrows.