Thread: AK in another caliber in the works.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

AK in another caliber in the works.

Go ahead and move if this thread should go somewhere else; didn't see a general AK section.

I just read the newest (May 10, 2011) issue of Shotgun News. Author David Fortier is testing out a new AK prototype from Krebs Custom, which is teamed up with Alexander Arms, to make an AK in 6.5 Grendel. Also, for this prototype Krebs designed an AR style magwell permanently attached to the rifle, and included a bolt hold-open and bolt release, plus the push-button mag release. A very interesting read.

Fortier said he was getting 2 moa at 550 yds and hitting steel at 800 yds with Wolf brass cased ammo.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Mine should be here today so I can read...

I want a AK in 25-06 that takes BAR mags.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!