Thread: I.D.ing AK47 - Century AKMS

I.D.ing AK47 - Century AKMS

Hey, all. I just picked up this Century underfolder this weekend. I’ve been told it has Yugo and Polish parts, but can’t find much about the gun online. Can anyone tell me what parts might be what or just anything about this rifle. There are only a few faint markings. Any general info would be great! Thanks!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

...thought that looked familiar. LOL!
    видеодон

I was hoping someone could tell me what parts might be Yugo and what parts might be Polish. I postd with some markings and no one replied so I tried here.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The folder looks Yugo, but it is also possible that the Poles used the same style, the front grips Polish. Receiver cover Polish. Believe the whole front end to be Polish, but the barrel USA.

For some reason can't place the pistol grip right now. Suspect age and too many AKs played with.

Actually would guess the whole rifle is Polish with the required parts made in USA to make it an angelic rifle incapable of hurting anything, a true "Sporting Purpose" weapon!

Suspected US parts: Barrel, receiver, trigger group and muzzle device.

Excellent. Thanks for the info again!

Hey, I was looking at a Polish Underfolder that was cobbled together by Century. Just wanted to get a few opinions on the quality of their builds. I've heard everyone talking about staying away from the WASRs. Is it just the Romanian parts kits that are bad or is it Century? Headspacing seems to be one of the big concerns.
    I've considered getting one of the Polish parts kits and build my own. I figure it saves about $100, provided I don't screw something up.

'Nut knows a lot more than me when it comes to AK's.....

But I don't see anything Yugo about that rifle at all.......but I haven't seen or fondled any of my AK's in years, so I could very well be slipping
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!