Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The fudd gun thread

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    I had the rifle built as the action was squared and trued and the lugs squared and lapped. But you are correct it is the same thread as the savage small shank. BUT when you head space sometimes you will have to remove a few thousands from the breach end of a savage barrel to head space correctly. Other wise it is a bolt on deal.

And as of yet I have not fired 1 single round out of the rifle lol. I just got it a few days ago. But the builder did shoot some sub 5 shot 1/2 groups at 100 yards with the Sierra 225Gr at 2800FPS.

I have some Speer 250Gr SP Hot-Core's loaded up to try when I am able to get to the range.
    Cool. Another rifle for the switch... do you plan on shooting cast?
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    1909 Winny Model 1894 SRC in .30 WCF with a shotgun buttstock.

(I know, I need to rectify that. I'm working on it...)
    Don't be so sure that is incorrect. At that time you could special order just about any configuration you wanted and that may be what happened with yours.

Unless you're the one who installed the SG butt...
    I aim to misbehave...

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. - Mark Twain

I NEED A YUGO GAS TUBE AND LOWER HG FERRULE PLEASE!

"Fair" is a place they give ribbons to pigs

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. - Napoleon Bonaparte

C'thulhu '12! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Quote Originally Posted by awp101 View Post
    Don't be so sure that is incorrect. At that time you could special order just about any configuration you wanted and that may be what happened with yours.

Unless you're the one who installed the SG butt...
    Actually, I was referring to the fact that I didn't have any pics of those rifles when I posted. From the estate I got that Winchester from, my mother has a 1919 Winchester SRC chambered in .25-35 that has the weirdest set up for wood on a Winchester I've ever seen. The forearm has swells that run the length of it and it has a flat bottom almost like a benchrest set up. All the wood matches, so I'm pretty sure it came from the factory that way. Both rifles belonged to my great Grandfather who was at one time the only cop or law in the sprawling metropolis that is Sundance, WY. I'm not sure if it was one of those two lever guns or the Remingto 721 he used to bag a deer in April one year long ago...with the game warden mind you, that stood up on him as he was trying to cut its throat. From what I understand, it was quite the sight seeing my 70 yr old GGF trying to bulldog a deer from a dead run.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Are you on the marlin owners forum by any chance?
    Yes I was. But was booted for removing my own posts lol. Yep that is it and that is all. But I was booted with many other good members like Six pt Sika. lol.

I met O.S.O.K on the Marlin owners forum where I helped him with his .44 Mag and the Lee 310Gr. And the same place that all of the misinformed said it would not work lol. Hooey
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 05-20-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Cool. Another rifle for the switch... do you plan on shooting cast?
    Well I do not plan to switch barrel lol.

As for cast I am not sure yet. I will have to take a couple of cast bullets I have to see how far out I need to seat them to work depending on how long the throat is.

My for sure cast bullet rifle will be my Stevens 200 which I am having changed over to a 358 Winchester with a Boyd's Ross Ft thumb hole also with pillars and beded with Bedrock. The trigger will also be worked over to a 2 pound pull. Well pretty much the same as the Marlin as I have shown. But with a 20 inch barrel. It is just starting so I do not have many pics but I will try and post a few up for the congregation lol.

Ok here is the stock for the Stevens 200 358 build.

And I made a new bolt handle for it. Yea I know it is different but then again so am I lol.

I am going to use an A&B ( Shaw ) 358 Winchester Mag contour barrel that was 24 inches but now 20 inches with a 1-14 twist. The stock along with the barrel was for a Marlin XS-7 but due to the poor building practices of Remlin I decided against the purchase of the XS-7 and use the Stevens 200 and it did not hurt at the time that they were on sale at Academy for $179.95. All metal parts will be coated with Dura-Coat Titanium.
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 05-20-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Ah, nice. Going to be interesting looking. I got my last Stevens 200 at Academy too - same sale. Too good to pass up.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    Yes I was. But was booted for removing my own posts lol. Yep that is it and that is all. But I was booted with many other good members like Six pt Sika. lol.

I met O.S.O.K on the Marlin owners forum where I helped him with his .44 Mag and the Lee 310Gr. And the same place that all of the misinformed said it would not work lol. Hooey
    Welcome additition.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

A perfectly good 1941 Johnson rife all fudded up includes a built in friggin compass on the comb of the stock.....checkered wood and front sight ears cut off.......The jackhole who did this should have his nuts cut off.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    A perfectly good 1941 Johnson rife all fudded up includes a built in friggin compass on the comb of the stock.....checkered wood and front sight ears cut off.......The jackhole who did this should have his nuts cut off.

Fudd not bubba thread. Very sad anyway.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12