Thread: PK-A Red Dot sight?

PK-A Red Dot sight?

I'm looking for a russian optic to put on an SAR2, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the PK-A red dot sight.

How rugged is it? Does it hold its zero? Battery life?

Thanks.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-s...k-version.html

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    I'm looking for a russian optic to put on an SAR2, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the PK-A red dot sight.

How rugged is it? Does it hold its zero? Battery life?

Thanks.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-s...k-version.html
    Eats batteries like candy,holds zero fine and rugged like most russian optics.I sold mine off because the battery diet sucked.

Kalinka is one of those places to use with caution.We had some hit or miss reviews when the old site was up.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I have one on my 74. Its a great sight if you are left-handed like me. I get a perfect cheek-weld, since the sight is off-set to the left. Right handed shooters have to hold there head away from the stock, which slows them down while they hunt for the dot, or use their left eye, which some folks cannot get used to.

I had a Kobra, which was a fine sight. But when I tried the PK-A, I was so much faster in getting on target do to the dot always being in the same place when I shouldered the rifle, that I sold the Kobra.

YMMV on the battery life. Mine is still on its first one. It's been going strong for a couple of years. I do turn it off when I not using though.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Thanks guys.

I remember the mixed reviews of Kalinka back from the old board. I'll give them a try, but I know that I'm taking a risk doing so.

I'm right handed, but I can shoot left handed, and quickly adapt to new rifles and set-ups. So I shouldn't have a problem with it being off-set.

I've bought several things from Kalinka over the yrs. and never any problems.
    Fast shipping, and helpful CS.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL