Thread: CMMG 20" .22LR Range Report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CMMG 20" .22LR Range Report

I finally got to the range with my 20" .22 LR and the new CMMG Mags.
    I started with the 25 round mag. Started off fine. Easy to load, fed reliably. Then I started having FTE's which I never have with a CMMG set up.
    Turns out it is the BHOA. I was told by CMMG that the BHOA will require a 45 degree angle ground on the forward part of the tongue(metal tab that the follower pushes up on) It also needs to be slightly shorter for use with the new mags. I tried to do it with a Dremel but the hardened steel wouldn't budge.
    CMMG will offer a free exchange on the BHOA and offer a "How To" for guys that want to do it themselves. What happens is the tab hits the rim of the round and get jammed up.

For the range results.
    I took the wron lower with me. I had a new, bone stock CMMG lower. G.I. trigger which isn't great for groups.
    I tried CCI HP
    CCI Subs
    Federal Bulk
    Winchester 333 Bulk

My little friend, oddly enough, likes the Winchester 333/555 Bulk sold a Walmart Yeah me!
    Rifle was consistant, especially considering the trigger and shooting bulk pack.

Rifle has a Mueller 8.5-25 Tactical Scope with AO
    TacSol .22 Comp
    Free Float Rifle Tube

I ran it dry until I had the cycling issues. Pulled the bolt, 1 drop of oil per rail, no more feed problems.

Here is what I got. All targets at 25 yards. 5 shot groups with Winchester 333 Copper Wash 36gr. Bulk
    Rifle

Results:

I shot a few rounds at 50 yards. Someone left a 2x2 Shoot and See. Every round was on it and consistant. Next trip will be at 50 yards with a target lower
    Last edited by shadow65; 07-03-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    Independent Field tester/Research and Developement

"Better to die for something than live for nothing"
    MOLON LABE