Thread: AK47 versus M16 - Check out the barrel harmonics on the AK

AK47 versus M16 - Check out the barrel harmonics on the AK

Title says it. During the automatic fire portion, watch the slow motion of how the AK barrel goes "twang" after every shot from 7:35-7:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRrc...eature=related

I think Gunney has something against the AK.
    Last edited by jojo; 08-23-2011 at 06:52 PM.

saw that a few days ago..couldn't help but laugh. the 16 took too long to reassemble, the "neat little hole" made me laugh and although I'd Argue with the fact the AK was missing its muzzle break the AR MAY have had a better grouping with FA fire. I'd argue that point has the AK was being fired from an inexperienced shooter from the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Title says it. During the automatic fire portion, watch the slow motion of how the AK barrel goes "twang" after every shot from 7:35-7:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRrc...eature=related

I think Gunney has something against the AK.
    Since I have a lot of respect for cranky old Marines, I won't say what I want to say about Gunny's horribly biased "review"....
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

They are what they are.

I think most of us know that its cheap and durable versus expensive, more finicky, and precision.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Since I have a lot of respect for cranky old Marines, I won't say what I want to say about Gunny's horribly biased "review"....
    I thought his review was more "tongue in cheek" than serious. Sort of like his show.
    Last edited by ltorlo64; 08-23-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: mispelled tongue and it bugged me.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs down

The cut away animation of the M1 Garand is all fucking wrong. It has a spring behind the case and a full length skinny assed rod for the oprod that is supposed to hold the recoil spring. Hard to take anything else in that clip serious after seeing such a huge misrepresentation of fact as that!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    The cut away animation of the M1 Garand is all fucking wrong. It has a spring behind the case and a full length skinny assed rod for the oprod that is supposed to hold the recoil spring. Hard to take anything else in that clip serious after seeing such a huge misrepresentation of fact as that!
    When I watched that animation I didn't remember having a spring in the stock, but I was not confident enough to know for sure.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Interesting vid, though I'd say the Gunny is being a little facetious in his praise of the M16 over the AK.

I thought this Coors Light commercial featuring him is pretty good.

I think the whole vid was supposed to be tongue in cheek, as this kind of biasedness is kinda over the top.

Was R. Lee suggestion that the Garand is recoil operated?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Since it's obvious where this shit is headed, just a reminder; not one first rate military in the world uses the Kalashnikov. Not one. The two best militaries in the world (USA and Israel) is the M16. The elite units of France, Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Sri Lanka, India, Brazil, and just about any country in the world that maters, or does not matter, use some version of the M16, regardless of what their regular army troops carry.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Since it's obvious where this shit is headed, just a reminder; not one first rate military in the world uses the Kalashnikov. Not one. The two best militaries in the world (USA and Israel) is the M16. The elite units of France, Great Britain, Germany, Spain, Sri Lanka, India, Brazil, and just about any country in the world that maters, or does not matter, use some version of the M16, regardless of what their regular army troops carry.
    I'm not in a first rate military.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

France carries the FAMAS bullpup, GB carries the L-85 bullpup, Germany carries the HK G-36, Spain M-4, Sri-Lanka Chinese made arms, India G3, Brazil Imbel MD-97, Most Commie Block nations AK varients. Israel used to carry the Galil, but the US pressured them into using the M-16.
    Last edited by insider; 08-26-2011 at 02:38 AM.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    France carries the FAMAS bullpup, GB carries the L-85 bullpup, Germany carries the HK G-36, Spain M-4, Sri-Lanka Chinese made arms, India G3, Brazil Imbel MD-97, Most Commie Block nations AK varients. Israel used to carry the Galil, but the US pressured them into using the M-16.
    Lol wow Blue you just got your ass handed to you. But eh, what do you expect with such a pointless statement as that

Wink

For the billionth time I have mentioned this......No Nation has ever tested 'em all.

Once a country tests EVERY 5.56 design there is (all together at once)...you might as well be pissing in a hurricane.

What is the current tally now??? 90 different designs...100????

We had a thread on the old board where we tried to list all of 'em.....
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 08-26-2011 at 03:43 AM.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Bluedog did use the qualifier "Elite Units" in his statement with "regardless to what the standard troops carry". So I don't know how much his "ass was handed to him" considering he wasn't talking about standard issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    It was obviously ironic and humorous
    ====
    TEMET
    NOSCE
    ====

In war you play to win 100-0, not 51-49!

"Those who have forged their swords into ploughs, will plough for those who haven't."

I see your point, but one should always be cautious with absolutes, least he's proven wrong.

http://media.militaryphotos.net/phot.../aad.sized.jpg
    ====
    TEMET
    NOSCE
    ====

In war you play to win 100-0, not 51-49!

"Those who have forged their swords into ploughs, will plough for those who haven't."