Thread: Hunting Camouflage?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hunting Camouflage?

Guys... I have resisted for many years the purchase of commercial hunting camouflage like RealTree or Mossy Oak. I need some help picking a pattern that will work for my locale. My first day of dove season proved that. Didn't do bad but the dove were pulling up just in range without me moving a muscle. I have always used what I could get on the surplus market. Woodland, O.D. and other earth colors were the norm. This year, I want to step up my game. I have always taken hunting seriously but I am spending more time in the field and less on the PC or in front of the TV. Spent all of the hunting off-season pursuing fish of all kinds from ocean to pond. Upgrade my old fishing gear to some of the newer stuff as I had not purchased new gear (Other than lures, hooks, etc.) in 20 years and the reels and rods were getting a bit worn out. Now... on to the hunt... so to speak. I hunt everything here and still use the surplus BDU stuff for rifle season deer as Blaze Orange over top of it somewhere is a requirement so the need is a bit less and I big game from a tree stand. So I have stuff for rifle and bow deer and other "woods" creatures and a bit for ducks/geese. I am looking for something for upland bird...dove and quail mainly... as I hunt a mix of open fields of cut millet, corn, wheat, but try to keep in a patch near the edge of the wood or against a large round bail of hay. It's hot here during the beginning of dove season so warmth is not a problem. Any place on the net that will help me pick what i need or any recommendations? The commercial camo maker sites are not much help. They just want to sell their stuff and most of the ads say "works most places". I call BS on that so I need some help from you with the experience using the commercial stuff.
    Last edited by Zoff12; 09-05-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.