Thread: GP"s stil got major wood for a Galil...

GP"s stil got major wood for a Galil...

But he cannot afford a IMI :-(. What are the options other then a Century gun, barring that.. are the Century guns any good?

Or should I go with my other idea, Trading My Century AMD-65 and Excellent (As in the Nicest I have ever seen anyplace) Century M-70 for a high end AK (Ala Arsenal)?

Elaborate, Hivemind.
    Last edited by gpwasr10; 12-23-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

My CAI Golani has been 100% in the 500-600rds I've put through it, no sign of wear and it shoots well, it's sort of a safe queen but a very kool firearm IMO to have. The real IMI guns are crazy insane when it comes to pricing, the issue with many of the homebuilts is they are built on the ORF receivers which I hear are the issue with almost all the USA builds with issues. From what I gather if you get a good one you got a good one, if it's soft you'll know very soon and there's not much you can do about it. My advice would be to buy from a person/dealer you know who will either stand behind it or has shot enough to know it's a good one.
    Last edited by mriddick; 12-23-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    My CAI Golani has been 100% in the 500-600rds I've put through it, no sign of wear and it shoots well, it's sort of a safe queen but a very kool firearm IMO to have. The real IMI guns are crazy insane when it comes to pricing, the issue with many of the homebuilts is they are built on the ORF receivers which I hear are the issue with almost all the USA builds with issues. From what I gather if you get a good one you got a good one, if it's soft you'll know very soon and there's not much you can do about it. My advice would be to buy from a person/dealer you know who will either stand behind it or has shot enough to know it's a good one.
    LOL< Sounds like going with a Arsenal or Krebs AK might be the way to go then? If I wanted something with less Guesswork?
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

If talking the same money yeah, but for me I'm seeing the arsenals/krebs at about twice what I find golani's for. If you can find a Golani in the $500-600 range it might be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    If talking the same money yeah, but for me I'm seeing the arsenals/krebs at about twice what I find golani's for. If you can find a Golani in the $500-600 range it might be worth a try.
    Alright, I'll have to start looking around then. They are a very neat design that I have always pined for a little bit.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

If used ask to have the receiver cover removed and bolt carrier removed. Check the locking recesses in the receiver, the problems with some was soft metal which would peen and deform, if they look good you should be OK. I really like mine, they are heavy but for features they offer alot.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I have a Golani Galil that is the bed side gun...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I have a Golani Galil that is the bed side gun...
    Is it a Century?
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton